Thursday, May 15, 2008

8 Years!


On Tuesday we celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary. In some ways it feels like just yesterday that we were getting married, but so much has changed (like having 2 kids) that it also feels like a very long time ago! Cam surprised me and took me to Mesquite for the night and the next day. We went to dinner and a movie the night of our anniversary and then the next day we relaxed by the pool and had a couples massage. The last time Cam had gotten a massage was in Thailand when we went there together 5 years ago! We had such a nice, relaxing time. It was a bummer when we could only sleep in until 7:30! We just laid there in bed and couldn't go back to sleep. Cam said that our kids have ruined us!! It was great to have a quick, little getaway to celebrate our special day! Thanks to Ricki for watching Maddie and Tag was already at Grammy's house. Thanks especially to Cam! I love you and can't wait for many more years!

8 comments:

bladenfamily said...

That sounds like fun! Our anniversary was on Monday. Cute pictures from the wedding too! I love their little outfits!

Jeni said...

Congrats guys!

Ricki said...

That is the cutest picture of you two! I love it, you both look so young and hip! See, being in your 30's and married 8 years has only made you better! I am so glad I could take your little ragga muffin off your hands for the night, she is a doll!

Anonymous said...

What a hot little couple you are!! You make 8 years look like a party.. Congratulations lovebirds! It seems like not so long ago that we were dancing the night away at your rockin reception, it was sooo fun! Love that you went on a Mesquite overnighter, didn't we all stay there on our way to Vegas, in a mauve, mirror filled room, that set us back like, what, 25 bucks?? We are gaga for couples massages, it makes us feel all fancy and like we are on the Bachelor... Remind me sometime to tell you the story of one of our couples massages in Mexico, it is not family friendly blog material, but pretty darn funny...

anne said...

Congratulations! 8 years...wow. I'm so glad you got surprised. They are the best.

The Ashcroft's said...

Congrats on 8 years!! It goes by so fast.... I agree you guys look fabulous for being so OLD and MARRIED.:) Sounds like a fun getaway, nice to be able to get away kid free!

The Karrens said...

7:30??? I swear, if you gave me a night away from all these kids I could sleep all day! Sounds like a great little get away!

Christina said...

WOW, congrats you two! We too are coming up on 8 years in Aug...you look great. Hey, remember Elisa? I just went to her wedding last week, check out my blog my pics!