Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July





We had such a fun weekend for the Fourth of July. We decided that we just wanted to stay home, so we talked my family into coming down for the weekend. On the 4th, the guys played some tennis and we swam during the day. In the evening we went downtown for the festivites on Main Street. The fireworks were great and both of the kids liked them. Taggart especially loved the 'green' ones! On Saturday, we spent some time hiking in Zions. It is so beautiful up there and we hiked some of the Narrows. Both of the kids fell asleep on Cam on our way back; they looked so funny! It was great to see my family again and the kids were spoiled as usual with all of the attention. This week they just keep looking at me like 'You are the only one here?!!' This was our first time staying in St. George over the 4th and we had a lot of fun. It was hot, but heck when you are in the water, who cares? Thanks again to my family for making the trek down here; you guys are great! Hope you all had a Happy Independence Day!

9 comments:

Amber Monson said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time. I love all the pictures. I don't know how your husband managed both kids sleeping while he's trying to hike. good for him. we went up north and it was still crazy hot plus more muggey to me. I'm glad you guys had a great time. It's good to keep track of everyone and what they are doing.

The Ashcroft's said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. I don't know how you manage the heat, because it even gets close to 90 here and I MELT. I love that both your kids are totally out..... I love Zions, we need to come visit!

Dion Seneca said...

Oh my goodness, Cam looks like he is totally hating it with two sleeping kiddos to haul around. Actually he doesn't really look like he is hating, but I can imagine that he probably is. Looks fun, anyway. Glad you had a good time with your family. After meeting your dad I can imagine that there is never a dull moment with the Ayotte family!

Allison said...

Love the pic of Cam being pack mule to the kiddos! What a fun holiday you had!! We were in Utah for a minute on the 5th and totally saw McKelle. She was just hanging at the farm with her 'boyfriends' what a flashback!! She dominated at lawn volleyball, what a stud.

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

Maddie looks so darling in that picture, so is really starting to look so grown up compared to when I saw her last for some reason. You guys are having a fun summer. We are getting excited for Lake Powell!!!!

Jason and Tawni said...

That picture of Cam carrying the kiddies is hilarious! Good thing he is a muscle man. It is always so nice when you don't have to be the ones who are traveling. I have learned now how much crap you have to take with you when you travel with kids so it was great that your family could come down to your place!

Ricki said...

I wish my kids liked the fireworks! I don't think I am going to enjoy fireworks again until my kids are all grown!

raw mom said...

look at your little girl! she is growing up so fast and has so much hair!!! such a cutie!


guess what! i am going to be social tomorrow night! yay for me! cant wit to see ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Maddie is all you. That cute, cute picture is screaming Mandy. What a trooper Cam is to have both kiddos zonked and not let it slow him down with the fun even a little bit. Looks like a fun holiday and we can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.