Sunday, March 22, 2009

Terrible Two's!

She may look like a sweet little Angel in this picture, but don't let her fool you! She can be quite a little devil at times. I don't know if I have just forgotten all the bad things Taggart did when he was two, or if Maddie is just crazier than he was! Here are just a few of the crazy, horrible things she has been doing lately...
The other day I walked in the room and she had dumped half of the brand new bottle of lotion on the bench and was finger painting with it. Good thing I got to her before it was ALL over the house!
This is when she decided to open a box of muffin mix, dump it all over the floor, and dance around with it. Notice the happy look on her face, like she was so proud of herself!
This was the same day.. she got into my mascara and put it on. This has happened several times since then, apparently she hasn't learned her lesson. She hated getting it off!

In this picture she dumped a whole bottle of sprinkles on the counter and decided to eat them after making a huge mess! If you have ever cleaned up sprinkles, you know how big of a pain they are. I am sure I STILL have sprinkles hiding in my grout and carpet!
These are just a few of the crazy things she has been doing that I actually took pictures of. She is still hating clothes except for her tutus, bathing suits, and leotards. She is constantly still taking off her diaper and especially in bed if we don't duct tape it. When she takes it off, she often pees or poops in her crib and it is always so fun to clean up that mess up! Even though she is crazy and going through these terrible two's, we still love her to death! She makes us laugh all the time and we don't know what we would do without her!

16 comments:

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

So much fun at the McCullough house!!!! She is strong to get the lid off of the mascra, what talent!!!! We are excited to see you guys too!!! Looks like Cali. was fun. I am ready for a vacation!!!!!!

Dion Seneca said...

Oh my goodness...I think she might be taking after Scarlett!! I feel for you! Good luck with that. I would give you advice, but I don't have any that has worked yet...sorry:(

The Ashcroft's said...

OMG,okay first of all those pictures are darling! Your kids eyes are beautiful. Second, I am so sorry Maddie is such a handful. I am sorry to say also that I was totally laughing!! Keaton is hitting the "two's" also, luckily (and oddly)he is a bit of a clean freak and isn't to mischevious. Good think she is so stinkin' cute!!

Sarah said...

Oh boy. Looks like fun! lol Those messes are always fun to clean up!

Katie said...

It's amazing what their little brains think of! She is seriously SOOOOOO cute though. . . I'm sure you find it impossible to get mad at that cute little face! That mascara look is fabulous BTW.

Ricki said...

Yikes!!! Those are all girl things to do! I remember my girls doing a lot of that same dang stuff! I say CHILD LOCK everything! Every drawer, every cabinet! As for the diaper thing, that just sucks! She is going to be pretty self sufficiant here pretty quickly, as often as that little girl dresses and undresses herself!

The Wells Family said...

ahhh...those pics bring back such memories. :) i am so very tired of cleaning and vacuuming after bobby's 'work zone'...shredded paper, pasta, popcorn, etc. he is so sneaky! she looks like she is truly happy. :)

the kids are so adorable with such beautiful eyes!

Donny and Colleen said...

The pic of Maddie and Tag is just absolutely darling. She did a great job. I love how their eyes look. You've got to give Nana and Papi (papa) as Maddie says, a copy. Hang in their with Maddie just keep a smile on your face as you clean up!!

anne said...

Ah oh...she's sounding a little like Scarlett. Maybe you and Dion need to talk things through... :)

Jason and Tawni said...

Mand, you are supposed to be telling me that there is no such thing as the "Terrible Twos" so that I don't get freaked out now that we are heading in that direction! I can't believe you were calm enough to take pictures of these instances, I would be too mad! Good luck with the rest of the year!

Christina P. said...

Oh the joys!! That post is funny! My Cade took super glue thinking it was makeup and put it all over his eyes!! One of them was glued shut for half the day! Don't you love it!

Kendra said...

Hey Mandy, I think I typed in your email wrong, email me at kpareyouwithme@gmail.com if you want an invite,
By the way at least she is having fun, I think she likes that you take her picture after..lol

PhillipsFamily said...

I remember those days with Dylan. I have been so lucky with Mason, I will continue to hold my breath!

Skinner Family said...

OMG. ha ha ha ha seriously!!! I love that my kids arent the only terrors of the world! She is cute though, so it makes it easy to forgive right?!!!

Harmony said...

She is definitely keeping your days adventurous.

The Karrens said...

Oh', she makes me tired just reading that! I will make sure and not let Cooper hang out with Maddie too much because he is already more of a trouble maker than the other kids!
roo