Monday, June 22, 2009

Maddie's Big Girl Bed


We finally moved Maddie into her Big Girl Bed a couple weeks ago. She has been ready for a few months, but I haven't wanted to let her have the freedom! She was always contained in the crib and I was just being lazy. Anyway so we finally did it and for the first two weeks she didn't think she could get out of bed. It was awesome!! She would just lay there and call for me when she woke up in the morning and from her naps. I knew that it probably wouldn't last forever and it didn't, unfortunately! Now that she has discovered her freedom, she pretty much doesn't even sleep in her bed. Now I find her fast asleep under her table or somewhere on her floor.
The other day this is how I found her in Taggart's room. Yes that is her underneath the blanket!
Last night I went in to check on her and she was asleep on the floor with her blanket covering her entire body, and she had emptied out all of her drawers and there was a HUGE stack of all her clothes in the middle of the room. It is always so funny to go into her room and see where she fell asleep! I am beginning to wonder if we even needed to get her a bed at all! I guess our little Maddie is growing up and declaring her independence!

11 comments:

The Karrens said...

I love this! Still can't believe that she's such a big girl, but I love finding my kids asleep in random places and positions! Cute, cute.
roo

The Wells Family said...

that is darling! i can't believe how big she is getting! i love her creative places...at least she is sleeping...right? i love that you got all the fun shots. great memories for her. :)

Brooke and Tyler Todd said...

Yeah, even though you had told me the story already I still laughed out loud at this post. She looks so big sitting in her bed. That picture doesn't even look like her!

Unknown said...

Oh Miss Maddie, you are hilarious! I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch how this all happens. I wonder what goes through her little mind. Does she think, "hmmm...I want to sleep under my table today" or was she just rolling around under there for fun and then got sleepy. What a funny thing! And, she gets darker and darker everytime I see her. I think I better get a spray tan right before you guys come up in July so that I'm not albino compared to your brown family. Miss you guys and can't wait to see you in a few weeks! xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh, and the bed looks adorable! So cute!

Jason and Tawni said...

So that's what is around the corner for me huh? I think it's hilarious that she didn't know she could get out of the bed! Too bad it didn't last forever huh? Oh well, her new bed is way cute!

The Key's said...

Cute blog! I've had so much fun hanging out with you guys lately - we need to keep hanging out lots!! Email me and I can send you an invite to my blog(it's private) nicoledrew8@hotmail.com. By the way - yours kids are adorable!!

janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janet said...

Darling kids. Really cute parents. Fun blog. It's great to watch your family grow up, even if we seldom see you in person any more. Dale & Janet

mypocketfullofposies said...

cute cute hilarious girl! i wish drew would stay in her bed until i came to get her...yeah that's not going to happen ever!...maybe with little liv...

Skinner Family said...

ha ha ha that is awesome! i love to find kids in random places sleeping!