Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Little Graduates


Maddie had a great first year of Preschool. She started out being quite hesitant when it came to dropping her off at Preschool, but she has gotten quite a bit better. Still some days, when she is being rather dramatic, she acts like she doesn't want me to leave, but I think it is all an act. She has learned a lot this year and has gotten very good at writing her name, coloring, and drawing. Her graduation program was very cute and they sang several songs from the Magic Tree House books. Here she is with her diploma and they each got their very own Magic Tree House book.

She was very shy on the day of the program and would hardly even participate or sing the songs. Cam and I were so mad because we knew she was just doing it because we were there and she was giving us attitude...the drama queen! Needless to say, I didn't get any great pictures of her because all she would do was open her mouth and not smile...crazy girl!

Taggart graduated from Kindergarten. He has had such and amazing year and I can't believe how much he has learned! He is beginning to read and is doing 1st grade Math and getting the best grades. His teacher gives him a topic each day and he has to write about it and I love to see what he comes up with and how he figures out how to spell things..it is hilarious! He has behaved very well and has gotten outstanding or satisfactory every single day. I have been sooo impressed with how well he has done in Kindergarten and I have to say that I totally underestimated him! I glad that his amazing teachers didn't! Here he is with his teacher Mrs. Larsen. She is amazing! She is very sweet, but firm at the same time and I can't believe how well she gets those kids to behave. When I would go in to volunteer I was amazed at how quiet and obedient they were.

Here he is with his bed buds, Max and Daimen. We carpooled with them and they really have a lot of fun together.

For his Graduation program they sang some songs and recited some poems for us. Each child got an award and Taggart's was "Mr. Giggles" because he is always so happy and funny.
We did have a great year of school, but we are all ready for a break. Bring on SUMMER!!

1 comment:

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

So cute!! I love Maddi's dress. They are getting SO big! You going to come visit us in Vegas??