Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sick Little Boy



So Cam has been gone since Wednesday night on a riding trip to the Sand Dunes for work and all heck has broke loose. Thursday night Taggart was messing around and hit his head right in between his eyes on a coffee table. Now both eyes have turned black and blue and this picture just doesn't do it justice. I am sure people think that I beat him because it looks so bad. I was so stressed that he had a concussion, but he acted ok, so I hoped he was. I mean, how many times can a kid hit his head? Tag has WAY too many times! The next morning, both kids were awake at 6:00 am and Tag had a fever. Last night I only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep because Tag kept waking up and he was burning up and didn't feel good. To top it all off Cam doesn't have cell service where he is and hasn't called since Thurs. morning- either that or he isn't alive. I just hope he is having fun because we are not! Stuck at home all day with a sick kid and no adult interaction, yup I am pretty much going crazy! Thank heavens for DVR (I had so many shows to catch up on) and blogging.. these 2 are keeping me in touch with the rest of the world!
But I just feel so bad for my sick little man. He is been so much fun lately. I am loving the stage that he is in. He is talking and having fun with us and I love it! To top it all off, the morning after we got home from Hawaii he said he wanted to wear underwear. I have been a lazy, bad mom and haven't even tried to potty train him. I just didn't want to have major battles and would rather have waited until he was ready.. so let's just say he was and is now totally potty trained! It is so nice and it has been soooo much easier than expected! So hopefully Cam will get home soon to relieve me! I don't know how single moms do it??

11 comments:

The Wells Family said...

Poor Tag...for everything! I hope that he gets feeling better and that his battles wounds start healing. That is SO awesome that he just potty trained himself over night! I hope that it is that easy for Bobby. I hope that your luck gets better and that Cam comes home soon. Being a "single parent" is no fun at all! I have my fair share of those moments all too often with my Nazi Studier (aka Husband).

Dion Seneca said...

Yep, I think that there is some unwritten law that when the Dad goes away all heck must break loose. Remember my flu, scorpion, sewage problems when Tom was in Scotland? No fun...no fun at all. Poor little Tag. I hope he is feeling better soon! I was going to call you this weekend and set up a day next week when I could take some pictures of your kids, but it looks like we might need to wait awhile. Double black eyes may not make for the best pictures.

Ricki said...

Yikes!!!! So, when are we going out?!!! We definately need a girls night after that kind of a weekend!!!! Do you want to borrow the helmet I bought for Daxton, I am sure it will fit Tag?!!! Just kidding! I really didn't buy one, but I want to!

Brooke and Tyler Todd said...

You're right, that picture does not do it justice! I am so sorry he is sick. Of course it all had to happen when daddy was gone.

Jason and Tawni said...

What is the deal with husbands leaving and having no cell phone service and everything falling apart? I swear that is always how it goes. Not that Jason goes on business trips, it just happens to us when he is golfing somewhere and chooses to put his phone on silent or leave it in the car for 6 hours. That's always when I need to get a hold of him. I am so sorry that happened to Tag and that you have been having a rough time. I would come over and help you but Jason and I both have Bronchitis and that viral thing that has been going around and we are sicker than dogs. Boo Hoo. I hope everything turns out ok! Call me if you need to talk!

Veronica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeni said...

Oh Mandy.....that stinks. Poor Tag, he looks miserable. Congrats to you and Tag on potty training though!

anne said...

YAY for potty training. I think that's the way to do it...wait for them to think it's a good idea. I hate when kids hurt themselves. In Cancun Aliyah fell down some tile stairs and landed right on her head. So sad. It looked nothing like Tag's though. If you need any help I'm always available. Hopefully Cam comes home soon.

Allison said...

YAY for potty training!! I'm a firm believer that you let the child decide, and it is a whole lot easier on everyone. So sorry about the bonk, geez, can't you get a break??

Joel and Kristie said...

I TOTALLLYY understand! The second Joel went to a Chiropractic convention in Vegas, Vance broke out with a 104 fever that I COULD NOT get to go down no matter what meds or methods and Joel couldn't be reached because he was in symposiums alllll day and night, I couldn't find ANYONE to cover my work shifts so I HAD to take the kids to my mom that was recovering from foot surgery, and by the time the four days were over all 4 kids had the fever and Joel came home I thought YEAH relief for me, but NO Joel came home with the STOMACH FLU!!! URGH!! We DEFINATLY Deserve a Girl's NIGHT OUT!!! You need it Sister!!!! I say this Thursday, you in?

The Ashcroft's said...

I am finally getting around to posting on this.... First of all, congrats on the self potty training! That is awesome. Second, so sorry to hear about your weekend without Cam. It seems like everytime Tyler goes out of town I forget how to handle everything, eventhough I handle most things by myself when he is in town and just at work. I would never make it as a single mom, however! Tyler leaves for 5 days in a couple weeks and I am already dreading it. What am I going to do?