Monday, June 23, 2008

Midnight 5K Run


Well, I finally did it, my first race! I am not really a runner, but have been getting into it lately. Ricki, Dion, and I ran the Midnight 5K Race last Friday night. I am usually asleep by midnight, so to actually be running in a race at this time was quite an accomplishment in and of itself. Here we are pictured with all of our race get up: our glowsticks, hats with head lamps, etc. We had such a fun time, despite not being able to see where we were going. I finished the race in 27:36, which was 4th place for my age. We all did great, with Ricki in 3rd and Dion in 5th! I am so proud of us girls and so excited for the next race when it is during the day and we can actually see each other! Thanks Ricki for setting us at a faster pace than I usually run and we all laughed and joked the whole time. Maybe next time we will be a little more serious! Thanks girls for an awesome first race for me!

6 comments:

Christina P. said...

That is awesome that you finished
4th! I think you can consider yourself a runner now!!

Dion Seneca said...

Well, I guess we could be serious next time, but that wouldn't be nearly as much fun! Oh, and thanks for bumping me up a place to 4th...you may want to change that so you can take full credit of your accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys. I loved running in the dark for Wasatch. It's so quiet the temp is great and it's dark so you don't realize how long you've been running, just jam out to great tunes and run baby. Good job on 4th. I'm jealous.

The Karrens said...

Awesome job on the run... I just did my first run last weekend at our Ed Jones summer thing... but it was a 5 mile and even though it was killer, it was good! But it was at 6am, (which I like to be asleep then) and that doesn' sound nearly as fun as at midnight! Great job chickie!

Allison said...

Way to go girlfriend!! I love that it was at midnight, that rocks! although, I prefer to be asleep at that hour also. I did my first 5K on the 21st of June, and it kicked my butt! I am a huge wimp, but it felt so darn good to finish, and I am also jealous of your time.. what a stud! I am a more laid back let's say 'recreational jogger' kind of gal.

The Ashcroft's said...

You're Awesome! You are for sure a runner, 4th place, Holy Cow.... I would have DIED....literally.