Friday, November 14, 2008

Funny Things!


I have been writing down some of the funny things that Tag has been saying and doing lately. Here it goes:

I asked Taggart to help Maddie clean up the blocks and he said, "That's not my problem, that sis's problem." He did have a point there, since he wasn't even the one playing with them.

He loves the color green, as you can see by the picture. Green blocks and green shirt? Everything he does revolves around the color green!

He is obsessed with the word 'actually' and uses it ALL the time. Sometimes every other or few words; it is a little out of control, actually!!

We were getting ready for our family pictures to be taken and he walked over to the mirror and said, "I'm so handsome.." while he sat and stared at himself in the mirror.

Maddie was crying in her room before she fell asleep and Tag yelled to me (I was in the other room) "Mom! Go sing her a song... I'm serious!" Okay, now look who is the parent!

One day he said to me, "Mom, next day sis is going to grow up into a big boy!" I then went on to tell him that she was going to be a big GIRL. He said, "Mom, listen to me... Next day when sis eats her lunch she is going to be a big boy!" I kept reminding him that she was a girl not a boy, but he just kept saying "Listen to me.." Obviously he was meaning something that I wasn't quite understanding!

Lately when he gets in trouble and gets sent to time out, he says before he can even get into his room, "I want to make the right choice!!" I am like, well sorry buddy.. you already made the wrong one!!

When we are driving in the car and he sees a stop sign or sign with a 'T' in it, he says, "Look Mom, 'T' for Taggart!" And believe me, there are a lot of stop signs and I never seem to get tired of hearing his cute voice say this with such excitement!

He also has been very particular with what he wears. I have been lucky up until now, with dressing him in whatever cute clothes I wanted.. it was soooo great, but those days are over! He is obsessed with these brown sweatpants (luckily they are pretty cute sweatpants, not the ones with elastic on the ankles, I would die!!) He wants to wear them every day and often digs them out of his hamper and tries to wear them dirty. He also always wants to wear his green dinasour shirt or a couple other shirts that are not really my favorites! He also does NOT want to wear two shirts (like a t-shirt with a long-sleeved under it, or long sleeved shirt under a hoodie) and he freaks out and yells, "I can't want to wear two shirts!!" But the worst is the last couple of weeks for church. He hates his church shirts and refuses to wear his tie, or a vest over a button up shirt- again back to the 2-shirt thing! He has thrown a fit the last couple of weeks and then goes to church so upset that he sleeps through sacrament meeting! Any tips that you have are welcome, but I don't really think they make dinasour shirts for church!! I guess Taggart has finally discovered his independence, and I don't like it one bit!!

15 comments:

Donny and Colleen said...

Thanks so much for posting all Tag's cute sayings. We absolutely loved it. What a cutie in that picture with all the green goin on. We say his sayings all the time so we can just laugh and think of how dang cute or handsome as he says he is. You need to keep it up. We can call them Tagisms. you know like Kateisms.

Heather and Trevor said...

OMIGOSH! That is so cute and funny! What a personality. He was so cute at the park yesterday! I seriously think it shocked me when Emma started showing any bit of independence because I thought she would stay a baby forever! I cannot believe how grown-up he is! the "actually" thing is "actually" really cute too! :) LOL! I will have to listen to him talk the next time I see you to hear what will come out of his mouth. THat is really kind of a fun stage though don't you think? :)

Amy said...

So cute! You're so smart to have waited a few years before you had kids. Your kids are still babies! We left Jana with our kids because she's 23 now and has her own kid, so we figured she would at least keep them alive! If that doesn't make you feel old, try this out...I have a daughter in Young Womens! SICK!

The Karrens said...

Oh, he is hilarious! I love it! And good luck with the clothes, thing. We quit fighting our kids on clothes a long time ago. I finally decided that it was a battle that I didn't want to fight every day. But I do get to have a say on Sundays, the other six days of the week are theirs. Just wait... after the clothes battle comes the hair battle. Emmy is very particular about how she wants her hair done, and Logan is determined to grow his hair out to his shoulders. (big sigh).
Roo

The Wells Family said...

He sounds JUST like Bobby! A few of those things I hear and see everyday at my house. Tag is really becoming his own little person....right? :) Do you think it is a boy thing??

Bobby does the "B for Bobby or M for McDonalds (if I have to look at that place again and I will die!!). And he picks different phrases each week to say over and over like, "sure, of course!". And the shirt thing? We are totally stuck on Tractor shirts...thank heavens he lets me pick out more tasteful ones from Gap/Gymboree instead of Bob the Builder! AHHH!

What a cutie he is! You sure make em' cute. Time for #3? :)

anne said...

So cute. Can't wait til Aliyah starts saying funny things, but at the rate she's going Xander will be saying sentences before she does...o well.

Unknown said...

I didn't even know that you posted! I guess you started drafting this a while ago, and then posted it later, right? I wish you could manually change the date. I did the same thing, so you'll have to look at a few of my recent posts. Taggart is the cutest little boy alive! He is so funny! And for the record, he will still look cute no matter what he is wearing! And besides, chicks dig dinosaurs!You need to add his little manipulation stunt with Maddie to the list! He's one smart kid!

Jason and Tawni said...

Oh my crap, he is hilarious! I love the funny things about Tagg, he is such a little man. Oh, and handsome for sure. By the way, I guess that he was chosen for the spotlight in Primary last Sunday because they were saying how when he was asked to share a few things about himself, he went on for 15 minutes! I wish I could have been there to hear what came out of his mouth, he is such a doll!

Brooke and Tyler Todd said...

My favorite thing Tag says is still " I can't like that!" It kills me! Can you believe how much I have posted. We'll see if I can keep it up this time!

Brooke and Tyler Todd said...

My favorite thing Tag says is still " I can't like that!" It kills me! Can you believe how much I have posted. We'll see if I can keep it up this time!

Christina P. said...

People leave you long comments!! I loved the butterfly halloween costume!! I might have to steal your larger size for next year:) I got the tights and the onesie off of Childrens Place website. When I originally bought the costume in the store they didn't have anything to go with it, but then I did see the tights and stuff in the store right before halloween. Anyhoo, your kids looked super cute. I need to be better about writing down all the little things that my kids do. It is sad how fast you forget!

Skinner Family said...

that is all too cute!! i love it when kids speak their mind. talia told me the other day to " get away from her and leave her alone" uh i may have said that one too many times!!!! I love kids!!!!!

Dion Seneca said...

Those are so much fun! These little moments are what make motherhood worth it! And tell Tag that when he figures out how to make the right choice, then he needs to teach Scarlett. I obviously am not getting through to her.

Allison said...

Okay Missy, I stop blogging for a few days and look at you, all festive and cutesy on me! LOVE the new format, or whatever you call it?? Love the Christmas songs, especially love hearing about your boy and the crazy things that he does. It is so hard to imagine that you (and me) are all grown up with kids... Kids that run our days and nights, and for whom our lives revolve around. Independence in a child is a hard thing to get used to, especially if you are a bit of a control freak like me. The clothes thing drives me nuts too!! The other things are just cute. I laughed out loud at the time out story... Oh Tag, I've gotta meet this little guy soon.

Katie said...

You're so lucky you've made it this far without him caring too much! Jackson was THE WORST. . . wanting to only wear t-shirts and ghetto-ness. All the cute polo's, sweaters, cords, etc, were out of the question. I finally realized that this was an area that I was going to have to just pick my battles and let it go. We still have ground rules since I'm obsessive and all, but it makes all of our lives easier to not fight about it each and every morning. It's such a sad day though!