Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fun Weekend!






So we ended up going up north suddenly because Cam's uncle Gary died and we attended his funeral on Friday. My mom and dad watched both kids from 9:30 until 6:00. WHOA!! I had never left Maddie this long in her lifetime and she did awesome! She ate her bottles great and took a 3 hour nap while she was at her Nana and Poppies. Taggart had a ball (as usual). He played in the leaves at Great Grammies house, jumped on the trampoline, and played most of the time with his Poppy. It was so nice to attend the funeral, grave side service, and luncheon without being mauled by our two children. It was a relaxing day, even though a sorrowful one. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Cam's family, especially his mom and her siblings.

Cam ended up doing some work in Logan on Thursday, so we were able to catch up with some of our old friends and spend time with my family. Tag had a ball playing with his cousin Ada. It was so much fun to stay at Ted and Robin's and to see the Christensen's new house. We had a wonderful dinner with them both at EL Toro (we miss this place soooo much!) It was great to spend some time where we used to live and Logan was beautiful as ever with the fall leaves. It was a bit chilly for us though!

We got home on Sunday and our kids did very well in the car, both ways. This made us extremely happy. Then on Monday night we went to the pumpkin patch for FHE. Taggart rode a horse and the wagon ride and we picked some pumpkins in the pumpkin patch. Tag woke up this morning saying, "where's my punkin?" He is very obsessed with pumpkins and Halloween decorations; he thinks everthing is HOT! We had a fun time (again) at the pumpkin patch and Tag still keeps asking if we can go back.

One more thing.. Maddie is about to get her first tooth. Today I saw it, but it hasn't broke through her gums yet. So hopefully this will happen soon without too much fussiness. She has had rosy cheeks the last few days (maybe because of the tooth) and she looks so sweet. We love that little girl!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Wish we were there having a little El Toro with you all. Sounds like fun to be at the old stomping grounds in the fall. Sorry for the funeral though. I can't get over Tag, I think he looks more like his mom everyday, but he is exploding with his dad's personality. So fun.

The Ashcroft's said...

Sorry to hear about the funeral, at least it was a nice reunion with family and friends. Did you say that people think your kids look like Cam?, cuz I think Maddie looks sooo much like you. Good luck with the tooth, hopefully it isn't too painful. Keaton is working on his front top ones right now. Our lives are so similar.....

The Wells Family said...

Don't you just love when you get to enjoy stuff without worrying about kids? (chasing, feeding, changing..) Bobby and I (Rob was too busy studying) went with my parents to Vegas this past weekend for a wedding. My in-laws watched Bobby during the sealing and dinner and it was SOOO nice to enjoy it fully! :) I am glad that you had a good time despite Cam's family's circumstances. My sister and I both agree that your kids look just like you and are the cutest things ever! And...good luck on the tooth thing...Bobby is STILL trying to get teeth and he is almost two! I am hoping he gets more teeth on the bottom (he is cutting a molar and so he almost has four)...because he chokes on stuff too much! Great pictures!

Ricki said...

So, does Marian always buy Isabelle and Maddie the same so stinking cute outfits? Everytime I love that they are in the same cute outfits! I need to steal her from you guys, so that she can buy my kids cute matching outfits! Thanks for joining us AGAIN at the farm, maybe they have a spot in with the cows that we could just leave all of our kids out there until mid November, the kids would love it!

Donny and Colleen said...

K the pic of Tag and Maddie and Isabelle is soooo sooo cute!Luv the outfits. I love how Tag says punkin patch and I'm looking forward to seeing Maddies first tooth next week. Hopefully it breaks through by then. We're good for Sat get together and then El Parrel if you like. What was Tag's new phrase? I forgot what you told me.

Joel and Kristie said...

Thanks for the fun FHE!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok so Maddie and Isabella look like twins to me. They are dang cute! And too bad my kid looks like a ghost next to Tag,hello... who's the Mexican here? Can't stand how well you guys tan :0)Well we're so glad you came to hang out with us we had fun and it's nice to see Ada and Tag together. Well hugs and kisses.

Allison said...

What darling pictures of you all!! Ditto with everyone else, your kids both look like you, especially Maddie and her to-die-for eyes. I'm so glad that you were able to turn a sad situation into a chance to see family and friends. If we would have known you were in town we would have gone for burritos at Taco Time with you on our way through :) Love the Punkin Patch, and the horsie picture, my Olivia will go crazy when I show her that, and TEETH!! yowch, I hope they come in without a lot of grief, I think that Caroline is working on the same thing right now, she has been blowing snot bubbles for a week now, and gumming the heck out of anything that gets within her grasp. Why oh why do babies have to go through teething hell? What did they do to deserve that torture!

Dion Seneca said...

So I guess you got the bottle thing figured out with Maddie. I am looking forward to the next time I can have a whole day together with my husband...I guess I am going to be looking forward to that for a long time! Your pix are darling! I'm glad you could make the best of a sad situation.

The Karrens said...

We had so much fun with you guys and were so glad that you took the time to see us! Love those two kiddos of yours and love those cheeks! El Toro is much better with you there...
Roo

raw mom said...

k you JUSt posted this and you have 10 comments already...dang girl...people like you! ;) bummer that i didnt end up going AGAIN! i swear ill get my kids to the farm on of these days....years....we'll see! glad you're back!

bladenfamily said...

How fun to find you!!! I talked to Kourt today and she told me you talked. I would to be on your friends list! Your kids are so dang cute!! I can't believe it. They are so big already. Your baby girl is a doll! I hadn't seen her yet. I think she looks like you. We loved the farm too. Carter couldn't get enough of the corn slide either. And I'm jealous you were in Logan. We haven't been for a few months. We would love to play with you. We come out there every few weeks. We love the park. That would be fun. Sorry to ramble, I haven't talked to you for a while. I'll call you next time we're out there. p.s. I'm putting your in my friends and family too. Hope that's ok!

SUMMER said...

MANDY! I LOVE THE KIDS WITH COUSIN ISABELLA AND THE MATCHING OUTFITS.... TOO CUTE! ALSO- I AM JEALOUS THAT YOU GOT TO GO TO LOGAN. I REALLY LOVED THAT CUTE LITTLE TOWN! ACTUALLY I HEAR IT IS BIG NOW! AND I DO AGREE THAT MADDIE LOOKS A TON LIKE YOU! SHE'S A DOLL... BOTH THE KIDS ARE!! :)

SUMMER said...

WAIT.. THAT IS CARSTON'S LITTLE GIRL RIGHT?

The McCulloughs said...

Summer, yes that is Carston's little girl! We all can't believe it either!!