Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cam's Home!







For those of you who don't know, Cam has been gone since Wednesday. He finally got home last night in the middle of the night. He went scuba diving near Catalina Island with his brother and his friend. They caught lobster, logged tons of dives, and spent the entire time on this boat in the middle of the ocean. He brought home two lobsters for us to eat, although I can't eat them since I am allergic to shellfish. He had a great time on his boys' trip. Needless to say, I have been a single mom while he was gone. Let's just say I am sooo glad that I have a husband who is super helpful. I was really nervous when he left since I have never been alone with the kids for four entire days straight. I was worried about my sanity to say the very least! Well things were rough at times, but we were pretty busy; we went to a Halloween party, the school carnival, the park several times, and just hung out around the house. Taggart only threw up twice and Maddie cut her first two teeth and decided that she wanted to wake up three times a night! By yesterday I was exhausted and pretty much let Taggart do whatever he wanted so I wouldn't have to fight with him. I was so happy when he arrived around 3 am! The kids were even happier to see their Daddy. Tag really missed him and asked about him every night when he went to bed. Several times I wanted to curse Cam for leaving me alone, but then I just thought about the girls' trip that I am already planning in my head for next year! I don't know how single moms do it.. they must be wonderwomen!! Here are a few pics from Cam's trip.

9 comments:

Ricki said...

OOOOOOH!! I am also invisioning that girls trip you are planning in your head! We need to start booking it so there is no holding us back when the time actually comes and our kids are detatched from our us, literally! I am looking at some of those crazy pix of Cam and wondering what the heck some of those creatures are. Better him than me under the water with those things. Cam, we also are glad you are back- for Mandy's sanity!

The Wells Family said...

Congrats on surviving! I agree, I honestly don't know how single mothers (or fathers) can deal. Sometimes you just need a break! Rob seems to enjoy picking the most time consuming and difficult scholastic endeavors which makes me feel like a single parent most of the time. :) I head to my parents all too often for "mini-vacations"...someone to entertain Bobby and cook for me when I have had enough. :) I hope you get your vacation next year and Cam can return the favor!

Anonymous said...

Yeah you survived!! I can't believe you went and did all those things. I only keep my sanity because we stay home. That way they have their schedules and do exactly what they want to do. Jeff has actually been in town for four days, leaves again tommorrow, but it is so crazy to have him home because we try to squeeze everything in and come tomorrow I am thrilled to have him go so we can have our life and routine back. We got in the car this weekend to go meet Jeff who had gone to a football game, and Kenlie goes,"Ugh--Dad isn't with us again? Does he still love us?" I know it's much harder on the kids than on us moms. Hope I get an invite on your little vacation in the sun.

The Ashcroft's said...

What in the world are those... things? I can figure out the lobsters but after that.... Crazy lookin!! Glad you made it through. I was a single mom too last week, only Tyler was just at work every night until 10-11. I would rather him be out of town, because then I'm not wondering when he is coming home, and I am prepared mentally to be on my own. It sure does make you appreciate them more though, huh?

Allison said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun for...Cam. Creepy sea creatures and all! I always have to psych myself up when Bradey goes out of town, but sometimes I secretly like it because we live on cold cereal, I read until 2 am, and watch a lot of reality TV without worrying about taking care of B... the biggest kid of all :) :) Maddie up at all hours of the night?? Caroline has done the exact same thing for the last two nights, teething sucks! poor babies... poor mommies!!

raw mom said...

yeah!! your honney's home! i hate when andy's gone...and yet some days i hate when he is here! and tell cam he rocks a t catching the big one! dang! those are serious fishies!

Joel and Kristie said...

Hey Where's my Lobsters!!! It looks like such an Amazing time, I'm not showing those pix to Joel or he'll want to go!HEHE!

The Karrens said...

Mandy...I'm seriously with you on the single mom front... how they do it is beyond me! Glad he's home! Plus, I've tagged you. I know you did it a while ago, but I don't know very many people to tag, so you get it!
Roo

Dion Seneca said...

Wow! Those things are cool...but the thought of being underwater with them makes me start hyperventilating. Did I spell that right? I can hardly wait for that girls' trip!! You know I love the city! Now if I can just convince my husband that going away with the girls makes more sense than going to Israel...it might be a tough sell.