Monday, October 1, 2007

We're back from the Lake!


Well I know I have had a couple people who have been asking for updates, but we just got home on Saturday and I have been buried in laundry, unpacking, etc. So finally here is a new post about our wonderful trip! We usually go to Lake Powell over the week of the 24th of July, but this year Katrina and Cartson had their baby during this week so we had to push it back to Sept. It was much colder than we are used to; we didn't have to run the air conditioning at all! The water was a lot cooler than usual, but that didn't stop Tag. He would wake up and start taking his pajamas off- ready to play on the beach at 7 am. It was still a little too cold for this! Cam built Tag a huge super track for his big truck and Taggart spent hours pushing his truck through the track and into the water. Both of the kids loved Grampy's boat. Tag even drove it all by himself. He loved turning the boat in circles and it almost made us sick! Frank built a 9 hole golf course for the guys and they played it along with hitting tons of balls from the beach. Tag loved hitting the golf balls too. Taggart rode on the big tube (the molecule) with mom and dad and he really wanted to go wakeboarding when he saw mom and dad doing it! The nights were long since Maddie didn't sleep so hot at night, but the kids slept great during the day. It sure was different this year with just our family and 3 kids! Gone are the days that I remember so well of just relaxing all week long with a good book! We did get to relax a little. It was perfect temp for laying out, so I read and laid out as much as I could. We played games, watched movies, ate a lot of good food, and just hung around and talked. It was fun to spend time with Cam's family and especially the latest addition, baby Isabelle. All in all it was a great, relaxing vacation!

13 comments:

The Ashcroft's said...

Glad to have you back with us Mandy, now it's Ali's turn to go through withdrawals from a week with no blogging. We are going to have to start a blogging adicts group or something. Your vaca sounds a little more exotic than mine was (because yours was a vacation). Love Maddie in her sexy wimmin wuit. woo woo!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are back too! I don't like when you go away and can't talk on your cell phone. Stay home from now on, huh?

The Wells Family said...

Lake Powell...ah, the memories! Great tans, lazy days, and that pesky wind! Looks like it was a blast for the family. I loved the slide show...what an adorable family! Maddie's swimsuit was to die for...do you think they make it in my size?!? (hee hee)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you guys had fun. Love the pics.Keep the posts coming :0)

Allison said...

Okay, B just whipped out his laptop at the hotel, I didn't even know he had it!!! Wooohooo I getta blog on vacation! I can't post, just read other folks blogs and comment. I am giddy cause all the girls are fast asleep, and I am gonna spend the next hour catching up on everyone. I'm so happy that you had fun at Lake Powell, and I have no idea why we call it a VACATION when you are in charge of 1 or more children the entire time. Seriously, if it weren't for our 'just the two of us' trips here and there I would go crazy! LOVED the slide show, you all look adorable, especially Maddy, yes, I do think she looks like you... Lake Powell is great, we took a break this year, and Bradey has pouted about it all summer long, I just think 3 kids, 4 and under would be kind of hellish without the houseboat. Bradey's parents sold the houseboat, and now just have a big A boat that we don't want to sleep on, so it may be a few years before we do the hard core Lake P. vaca again. So glad to have you back....Ali

raw mom said...

so fun! you are such a cute fam...but i think you know that already! love the pic of maddie's swim suit! she getting so big! i remember the days of peace and quiet...oh to be a mother...and they think our dark circles are from aging...it's lack of sleep throughout the years and years!

SUMMER said...

What a fun trip! You guys all look so great!!! Maddie is so cute in the matching bathing suit with her cousin I could die! I love it! And Mandy~ So funny! I totally remember Cam trying to fix that tire. My whole car literally dropped to the ground in the back! So crazy!!!

raw mom said...

k sweet thing! there are about 4 or 5 new posts to read on our sight! oxox

Jaimee said...

Mandy- wow- I need blogging lessons from you. I have never seen anything like it! Your kids are darling. It is so great to have a way to keep in touch. My hubby and I are living at my parents in K-town while they are Mission presidents, so next time you are in town- let me know. I would love to see you all!

Take care- xoxoxo- Jaimee

Ricki said...

I am so excited that I got to log on, after just getting back from out crazy vacation, and see your cute face and pictures of Lake Powell. You haven't even given me the full run down on Lake Powell, but at least I can have a glimse until I talk to you! You guys look like you had a blast!

Ricki said...

Okay little miss "get blogging"! It is time for a new post, you have been back from the lake for 2 weeks now! We need something new!!!! I need a really funny tag story, or a good maddie isn't sleeping story(that would make my house sound normal)!

Love ya!

The Ashcroft's said...

Mandy, where are you?? If you are out of town or something you need to let us know. If you are around I know you have something you could blog about. Hello?!!

raw mom said...

hey hot tuff...im putting my profile on private so send me your email so can"invite" you k! mines teresa4andy@yahoo.com. xoxox