Monday, November 5, 2007

Tagged.. AGAIN!

Ok, Summer and Robin both tagged me. I have been tagged before, but this is a different one. So.. here are 7 random things about me.

1. I hate driving. Cam almost always drives and this doesn't really bother him because he would rather drive. I always said if I could have a chauffeur that would drive me everywhere I needed to go, I would.
2. I love store-bought cakes with that thick, white, sugary frosting. People think I am crazy, but when I was growing up my mom always made me a home-made cake. Since I never really got store-bought cakes, now I love them. I love frosting... mmmmm .. the big roses..mmm. I know, so tacky!
3. People sometimes say I have nice teeth, but actually they are horrible. They are straight since I endured braces, but in the last 7 months I have had 2 root canals and 2 crowns and a few fillings, etc. I could have a very nice, new wardrobe, but instead I fixed my dumb teeth!
4. I remember faces very well. Usually I remember people I have only seen once. I also remember very random things about them and where I saw them. Once I heard a guy bear his testimony in my in-law's ward in Farmington. I saw him a week later at a restaraunt in St. George and stupidly said "ooh, you spoke in church last week!" He looked at me like I was crazy and everybody else thought I was too! Sometimes this does come in handy though.
5. I love to look at the advertisements in the newspaper. As a kid we would always look through the ads each week. I especially looked forward to the Thanksgiving and Christmas ads. I don't get the paper now, but everytime I go to my parent's house, I always look through their newspaper ads (like Target, Walmart, etc. the colored ones). Even if I don't really plan to buy anything, which I often don't, I just like to browse through them. I know this is really weird, but you asked for it.
6. I don't like to go to bed late. If I do, then I just sit and worry about the lack of sleep I am going to get (or not get.) I really like to be in bed by 10 or 10:30 and read for a little bit and completely sacked out no later than 11:00. I wouldn't really say I am a morning person, but more than a night person. If it is really late (like 12,1 o clock) I even start to get a stomach ache and sick. I just like my sleep and since my kids wake up pretty early, I have to get to bed early or I don't get my sleep.
7. I am obsessed with making my bed. I feel like my life is in shambles until I get my bed made. It is usually made no later than 8:30, 9:00 am. The only time I am not psycho about this is during the first trimester of pregnancy when I am so sick and tired that I literally don't make my bed at all. I figure that I just crawl into it whatever chance I get, so why try? You can always tell when I am pregnant.. my bed isn't made. Cam thinks Sunday is a no bed making day, sometimes I let him get away with this, but usually I break down. I just feel out of control without it made. I know I am crazy!

People I am tagging: Allison, Jacque, Ricki, Dion, Kim, Claudia, Teresa. Thanks guys! I can't wait to hear 7 things about you all!

9 comments:

The Karrens said...

Thanks Mandy! So fun to hear these things about you... I love that frosting too!
Roo

Ricki said...

At least we now know what to show up on your doorstep with on your birthday-roses and all:)!!!! I love to hear about your little bouts of OCD too, it makes me feel kind of normal!

SUMMER said...

Very interesting stuff Mandy! I too look like I have good teeth but they are horrible! I have a million cavities. Also- good for you about the early bed and making it every morning too! I need to be better about both of those! :)

raw mom said...

you are totally one of my favorite people! i HAVE to have my bed made,too! i feel in control and when i have it made and i come into my room, my day feels fresh and new and beautiful and i love it....have to do it.

The Wells Family said...

What a list! I loved reading them! I do have to admit...I am also neurotic when it comes to remembering peoples faces and names. I had to get pretty good at it when I was teaching...not only do you have to remember 25 kids names, but you have to remember their siblings, animals, dance teachers, best freinds...blah, blah, blah. I love it this way though because I think people like it...I love when people remember me or things about me...it makes me feel happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so the bed thing seems pretty common, I TRY to always make my bed, but no fail at about 10 am, a wicked hide-and-seek game almost always ensues at my house, and the favorite hiding spot is smack dab in the middle of my perfectly placed and plumped pillows aaaagghh! I also like my blinds open juuuust right to let the perfect amount of sunlight in! I loved reading about your quirks... I'm workin on the tag.

The Ashcroft's said...

So Mandy I am just recovering from the stomach flu and when I read the things about the frosting I almost had to run the the bathroom. Very informative, I am working on mine....

Unknown said...

Buck up and drive and brush your teeth, huh? Oh, and pass me the Target ad. You can look at Mervyn's. Love it! I'm OCD about many things but not my bed. Luckily, Blair is the bedmaker in our family.

Anonymous said...

We really need to go and get cake for T-day for us :0) Hey how do you feel about us dressing up the kids all fancy for a pic of the 3 grandkids on Thanksgiving Day? I went to Sam's today and they have the cutest dress for Ada I want. But it is fancy, I don't know maybe it's the cheddar in me that believes in getting the kids all fancy on T-day and X-mas. But then I thought how cute would it be to get T-man in a shirt/tie and Maddie in a big puffy dress and a bow to big for her and get a pic of the 3. Let me know.