Thursday, November 1, 2007

A 'Sweet' Halloween!

The three of us at the Trunk or Treat. Tag is already eating candy!
Taggart digging for more candy!
Taggart thinks he is so strong when he lifts the pumpkins!
Maddie loved playing with this pumpkin!
All the candy that is now locked in our pantry away from Taggart... and me!
Last night we had so much fun! We went over to the Todd's house for chili and cornbread before going to the Trunk or Treat at the church. Dinner was awesome (thanks Brooke!) and I am still thinking about Elena's homemade cornbread. To heck with the Halloween candy, I just wanted more cornbread! The kids looked so cute- Tag as a lion and Maddie as a ladybug. I even put on (I mean, squeezed into) my sister's old cheerleader uniform, since I can't seem to find mine. Go Bears! I don't know how we used to wear those uniforms.. they are sooo itchy and that's not to say much about my hesser in those sweater pants! Yes, it was the perfect temp. here, around 75 degrees, but we were all decked for the traditional Halloween weather. At first Tag thought that he needed to consume every piece of candy he received at that exact moment. He finally got into the swing of things and went from car to car saying "treat?" and putting it into his bag. By bedtime he was clearly on a major sugar high. Let's just say all day long we have had a constant battle with him wanting more treats! What a fun holiday. I hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

16 comments:

Allison said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!! Enjoy the perfect temps for Halloween, that is so nice to not have to be bundled in a thousand layers just to go trick-or-treating. You all look so darn cute in your costumes, way to go in the old cheer get-up!! I don't even dare look at mine, although, now my curiosity is peaked and I'm thinkin about pulling it out for old times sake!! I'll blame all of you when I can't fit it over my hips and end up bawling for two days.... Where's Cam's costume???

Dion Seneca said...

Fun, fun, fun!! You and your kids looked so darling!

Ricki said...

I love that you get into character every year and dress up, you look adorable-even if I do have a great hatred for cheerleaders! Your kids look adorable. I just want to eat Maddie's cheeks!

The Ashcroft's said...

Well, while you were suffering from a hesser, we were freezing our butts off. It was aroung 50 degrees at our house. Your kids do look darling, I love all the fun costumes you can find these days! Whoa I understand the candy high I think Macy was wide-eyed in her bed for like an hour and a half. Glad you had a great Halloween!

SUMMER said...

Hot mama Mandy! You look like you could be a high school cheerleader! Everyone looks great! I love little ladybug!

bladenfamily said...

Way to go on fitting into the cheer outfit. I doubt I'd fit into mine! You guys all look so cute!

The Wells Family said...

Awesome! You don't look like you could be a mother of two! It looks like you just jumped off the pyramid during halftime! :) The kids are breathtaking (okay...that sounds lame, but it is true!). I think Bobby is going to be a lion next year...because I LOVE the costume! And Maddie? Her little individual pictures just made me want to do squeezies all over her! I bet she is so fun to cuddle! Yummy! What a fun Halloween you had!

Anonymous said...

I tagged you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Go Bears!! I love Halloween. Can't wait to get home and post my little Tinkerbell's pics. Looks like it was good times had by all.

Adrienne said...

How cute are you guys! I love that you dressed up....I'm such a loser when it comes to costumes.

But my old AF High cheer outfit is hanging in my closet, but forget trying that on--I wonder if I could still get my wedding dress on! And that's funny you mentioned how itchy they were, i remember that?

Your kids are to die for...Kate was a bee her first Halloween, and or whatever reason, the bug costumes for chubby babies is just too cute!

The Karrens said...

Still fitting into your cheerleading clothes?! Seriously, you rock.
Roo

Christina said...

Mandy, Love the costumes! Your kids are adorable, they really are! It looks like you guys are doing well. How come Cam didn't dress up?

Joel and Kristie said...

SUPPPER FUNNN HALLOWEENN!! Look at you cute Cheerleader MOM!!! You babies are Adorable!!!

The McCulloughs said...

To Ali and Christina- Cam isn't really that into dressing up. I don't usually either, but Halloween is more fun if you dress up!

Katie said...

Cutest family Mandy! I stalked your blog through Christina's - sorry! My little Lola was the Old Navy Ladybug too. Your kids are darling!
Katie Stokes

JeriAnn said...

Way to rock the cheer outfit mandy! Looks like you guys had fun.