Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas Fun 2007


This year we were lucky to spend a whole 10 days up north with friends and family for the Holidays. We had a lot of fun, but were sooooo happy to get home and finally back into the swing of things. We spent most of the holidays travleing between our 2 families- from party to party. On Christmas Eve we went to Temple Square to see the lights. We usually go on a carriage ride, but it was snowing like crazy this year. Here we are at the Joseph Smith Building all bundles up.

Maddie had so much fun walking around. It was really windy and cold and I was worried about her, but she was so happy being carried around in the Baby Bjorn. Isn't she just the cutest thing all bundled up?

Christmas morning was so much fun this year. Taggart finally understood the concept of opening up presents and he just kept wanting to open more. He loved his new horse from Grammy and Granpy. In this picture he looks especially funny riding it without his pants (they were wet from the snow), his cape, and his gloves. We all got a ton of presents and really had a hard time fitting them into our truck. Good thing we have a truck or I don't know what we would have done.

Here Maddie and I are on Christmas morning in our matching pajama pants.

Maddie loved her presents too, although I think she would have been happy enough with the wrapping paper if we would let her eat it! Look at that cheezer! We had a lot of fun and only went to the doctor twice while we were up there. Maddie had an ear infection and didn't want anyone holding her but me. She is better now and we are happy with that. We even spend a couple nights in Bear Lake at the cabin. It was so cold, but Tag had so much fun on the sled, four wheeler, and snowmobiles. All in all it was a very Merry Christmas for us.. but we are sooo happy to be home in our own beds. I still am trying to squezze all the new toys into our house and I am soooo tired of picking up Taggart's train and matchbox cars stuff! I might go crazy! Thanks to everyone for all the small parts! We hope you all had a happy Christmas!

10 comments:

Christina said...

Your little Maddie is adorable, Mandy! I bet you guys were freezing up north, being as you live in St. George! Even I was shocked by the cold and snow in Logan, Boise isn't that cold!

Callisters said...

Very cute Mandy. Matching pjs is such a fun idea, where did you find them? I have probably said this before, but little boys are so much fun, but it feels so nice to have a little girl. I guess it makes you feel like you will always have a little buddy!

Ricki said...

Wow! So many posts at once! 11:00 church IS good to you! I just took a nap! I can't believe how big that horse is! You said it was big, but seriously! She is going to have to get him a real horse next year to one-up that thing! He loves it, that is so cute!

Donny and Colleen said...

Mandy you've got to send me the picture of Maddie all bundled up in fur. Thanks for the time we got to spend with you for Christmas. I know it got hectic but we will cherish it forever.

Allison said...

The horsie pic of Tag is priceless. Okay we have that same horse, and it is almost ready for new springs, it is a fan favorite! You guys are troopers to spend 10 days away from your own home, obviously your kids do better than mine when they are out of their element!! Isn't it so great to get in good family time though? The bundled up pics are soooo cute, I'm addicted to Maddie's cheeks!

Dion Seneca said...

LOVE the pic of Tag on the horse...you need to come up with a superhero name for him to go along with it!!

Jason and Tawni said...

I love your matching PJs! So cute! How fun to have a little girl that you can do stuff like that with. Something tells me that Cam wouldn't have cooperated with you and worn matching pants! Looks like you had a great time up North and I hope that you and your family had a happy holiday!

The Ashcroft's said...

I love the picture of Tag on the horse too! I'm finally back and am so excited to hear all about your holidays! I too, was away for 10 days, and I am still not back to normal.

raw mom said...

dang girl! your hair is so long! i love it!

The Wells Family said...

Seriously...how do you look like a glamour girl..ALWAYS! I love your hair. My husband would almost feel like he had died and gone to heaven if my hair looked like yours...my hair seems to always be short no matter how my efforts of growing it goes!

Looks like your family time with the holidays was super! But I totally understand how hard it is to travel and be away from home when you have kids. It takes everything out of me!

Oh...and Happy Birthday! It looks like it was a great day...not so dreadful. It gives me hope!