Sunday, January 6, 2008

Our Little Sunbeam


Today was Taggart's first day in Sunbeams. He has always hated nursery until the last month or so when we could finally get him to go with a little coaxing. He just turned three and he is the youngest Sunbeam and let's just say that I have been dreading January for this reason. He had just gotten used to Nursery and I was so scared that we would have to do the whole cycle again with Sunbeams. I had to sit with him for a little bit today and then I just left. They said he tried to follow me, but the teacher grabbed him and he sat down. I was shocked! No tears or anything! He stayed the whole time and they said he was so good. I guess I under estimated him because he was such a good boy. He made a little crown in Sunbeams and wanted to wear it during his nap and has been wearing in most of the night. Hopefully next week will go as well and it just wasn't beginner's luck. Cam and I used to teach Sunbeams and I can't believe I have a child old enough to go! Wow.. how time flies!

9 comments:

Callisters said...

We have the same little crown! Can you believe something so simply in life is so exciting to us!

Ricki said...

I am so glad he did well! I am sure it will just become part of a routine for him now! I can't believe he is a Sunbeam! Those end of the year B-days always throw me off!

Allison said...

So I taught a class of new sunbeams today and I would've loved having Tag in my class, he is so grown-up looking! Olivia also started her first day in sunbeams today, but she was the oldest one, and could quite possibly go right to Valiant A with all that she claims to know, 3 going on 12 y'know... I'm so happy for you guys that he went and liked it, what a guy!

bladenfamily said...

What a cutie. I can't believe he's that old!! Your christmas looks fun. Little Maddie is a cutie all bundled up. Did you get the train track you have to put together 15 times a day and there are 1,000 track parts that all look the same but aren't? Yeah, us too. Fun!

Dion Seneca said...

There is nothing sweeter that the success of your little one happily going to class(or at least not kicking and screaming and clinging to you for dear life). Woohoo!

Jason and Tawni said...

Ha! I cannot believe that Tagg is old enough to be in Sunbeams! Hello, time is flying by! His crown is adorable and I am so glad that he handled it so well. I agree with you though, hopefully it's not beginner's luck!

The Ashcroft's said...

Yeah for sunbeams! Macy hasn't been yet because we were traveling home on Sunday, but she thinks she is excited, we'll see when the don't have a huge toy closet in her class. I hope Tag continues to enjoy it, Can you beleive we have sunbeams???

Celia said...

Hi Mandy! I heard we're going to Bermuda together! Should be a party! I was excited to hear you guys were going. It'll be great!

Henry started sunbeams too and also did well so I'm hoping the trend continues. I was afraid he'd put up a fight because he loved nursery so much but so far so good!

The Wells Family said...

What a cutie pie! He really is to die for cute. Little Sunbeams are so precious! I just got moved from Sunbeams to CTR 8 and is was SOOO hard! I had the hardest time letting my little ones go...it was harder than ALL my years of teaching put together! THAT is how sweet and amazing those Sunbeams are! I would have loved to be his teacher...he would surely put a smile on my face with his charm and whit!