Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Not Much Going On....

There hasn't really been too much going on around our house except for the normal and it has been nice to actually just be hanging out! I thought I would post a couple things about what my kids have been up to. Maddie has now caught onto Tag flexing his muscles and she likes to show us how strong she is. It was so funny! One day Taggart was eating with his friend Wesley and I told them they needed to finish so they would get strong and they proceeded to flex their muscles. I looked over at Maddie in her high chair and she was flexing away! It is crazy what she picks up on!And here is Taggart showing how super strong he is!!
My kids are still getting into everything.. especially Maddie, but here are a couple of pictures where they got into my cupboards and helped themselves to some sprinkles and chocolate milk mix. I have a jar on my counter with mix in it for chocolate milk and Tag loves to sneak up there and eat it plain, without the milk. He apparently helped Maddie on top of the counter and she fell in love too!
Hey Maddie, how about some milk with that chocolate?? She does look a little drunk.. maybe it is all the chocolate!
Maddie and Tag have discovered where my tampons are and now they are their new favortie toy!! Seriously, every day (I am not kidding!) Maddie gets into my cupboard and pulls out a tampon and opens it up. She likes to yell into them like they are a party favor or something and Tag of course, thinks they are a rocket and gets frustrated when it won't go back in. I have to explain that they aren't really made for that and try to avoid explaining what they are really for to my three year old!
Anyway, so we are good and I am sorry that I have been slacking in the blogging department. I will try to keep the posts coming!

14 comments:

The Ashcroft's said...

Mandy, that is hilarious about the tampons!! And the picture of Maddie is so funny, she does look a little tipsy. Glad to see some movement from you, I was beginning to wonder where you were.

Christina P. said...

We have the same tampon issue in our house. Luckily I haven't had to deal with it for the last year!

Donny and Colleen said...

Are you kidding me?! I was laughing so hard. I just keep wondering how Tag helped her onto the counter?That had to have been hilarious in itself ( or maybe scary) is a better term for it. Looks like they are double teaming it. Look out for what's ahead! Dad had told me about the tampons but when I read the blog I just couldn't stop laughing. That's so funny! Thanks for blogging everyday stories about the kids. It helps us feel closer to you all. Could Maddie be more adorable? And where did Tag get that contagious grin? Love ya!

brody_joce said...

Your blog just made my day! Me and Brandon just had a good laugh!! Maddie's face was awesome! And Tag showing off how strong he is... oh my! We miss em' all ready.

Jason and Tawni said...

That is freaking awesome about the tampons. Why does it seem like all kids are fascinated with them? So funny. Your kiddos are getting so big! Maddie is so grown up and Tagg is such a little man. Love the pictures and the update!

Ricki said...

okay, I am seriously laughing out loud! I love that Tag has to HELP Maddie onto the counter! I wish somebody had to HELP Daxton onto the counter! Maybe then I wouldn't find him sitting on the counter 20+ times a day! And the tampon thing is halarious! I love that they both find completely different things to do with them!

The Karrens said...

Oh you just wait... this is only the beginning! Who knows what those two will find next! Awesome stories, awesome pictures. You guys rock and we miss you.
Roo

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Ohh..you kill me! That is so funny! Thankful Boston has not found those puppies yet. I am sure the day is awaiting. They are just too cute

Skinner Family said...

your kids are so cute. we seriously need to hang out. its been so long. i have kinda been a little hermit lately. i haven't gone out as much. weird i know. Tampons and pads are a big curiosity in my house too. WHY?

Amy said...

That is so funny! You are brave for putting that on your blog. Hopefully you won't have to explain tampons to Tag, but there will come a time for Maddie. Start preparing :)

Unknown said...

How hilarious are your kids? LOL! I guess I do have toys at my house. Next time you visit, I'll let them have a hay day with all of my rockets! We could even get out some markers and decorate them. I'm sure Tag would think that was pretty cool! So funny!

Heather and Trevor said...

That is hilarious that they like tampons! I guess it is just a fun toy huh!? :) Can't wait for us to get the kids together. Let's just set up a time ok? maybe next week sometime. I would love it! Hope to see you at class soon too. :) Give me a call and we can get together!

Melissa said...

Oh my.... I just love the tampon thing. Isn't motherhood the best. How the heck are you. Come visit next time you are up with you family. We may be going through St. G over UEA on our way to DISNEYLAND. I love how you aren't afraid to share the craziness at your house...Maddie is a girl after my own heart....CHOCOLATE makes everything better!

Allison said...

Oh Mandy, Mandy, I have been a bad bad blogging friend, because I haven't looked at your blog in a loooong time! I LOVE that Maddie discovered the girl stuff. We will be buying those in bulk at my house in another 9-10 years! Your kids are the cutest things ever, sometimes I see only you in them, and other times I can totally see Cam. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us some of your craziness. It was fun chatting with you the other night, we have to talk again, Moab was carazy..