Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lake Powell without Kids... HOLLA!





We spent a couple days last weekend on our friends' houseboat at Lake Powell. The best part of the whole trip was that we left our kids home!!! It was so nice to be able to hang out on the boat and not have to worry about kids and if they were drowning. We went with three other couples and had a blast. We felt like we were in College again; like we were just hanging out without a care in the world! Oh, the good old days! We ate a lot of junk food, played some games, and talked a lot. I don't think we shut up the entire trip! We did some tubing and wake boarding and swam a lot. We even did some cliff jumping which was a lot of fun. At night it was so nice to just sit on top of the house boat and talk while we looked at the stars. Brooke and Tyler even saw the Milky Way for the first time! I know... what?? They are city folk, I guess. We had a great time and a big thanks to the Vanderhorst's for their hospitality and an even bigger thanks to Ricki for watching my kiddos!!! You are awesome and now I owe you one! Here's to good times and good friends!!

8 comments:

Ricki said...

I am glad you guys had fun! And, you don't owe me anything! Remember my kind of kid-free week in Cancun?!!! I had fun with them, and so did my kids!

SUMMER said...

Looks like a blast... I am itching for a vacation!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that you have fun friends to play with! At this rate, we may never get you back up here. Quit having so much fun, would ya? Then maybe you'll come back to us. Anyway, looks like you had a ball.

Anonymous said...

Oh la la lake powell baby!! I am enjoying your pics and living vicariously, because we are supposed to be there TODAY!! long story....we aren't there today. I love the idea of Lake Powell with no kiddos. You all look fabulous, tanned, and well rested... Isn't it great to get away with your husband? I am mother of the year because I am such a strong advocate for leaving your kiddos and taking off with your mate.. Many disagree, I know, but it happens to be how I keep my sanity.

anne said...

I'm glad you got to get away for a bit. We all need that sometimes. :)

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

You are so tan and look great in a swimsuit. That looks like so much fun. Now back to real life eh?

Heather and Trevor said...

FUn to see you at Book club tonight! Sorry I had to run out early.....kids! :) Did we decide to read Marley and ME? Let me know! :) Oh, and add me to your blog list too girl! :)

Jason and Tawni said...

Mands,
I am happy that you and the ladies were able to sneak away and enjoy time without the kids. It is just an easier time. Your pictures look great and maybe we will have to join you next year when Stella is ready for us to send her to the Grandparents for a little spoiling!