Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

I know that Christmas was a week ago and I am just finally getting to this post, but I finally have just found the time! We had an awesome Christmas this year and we all didn't want it to end. I took down my Christmas decorations today and both Tag and Maddie were so sad. Tag kept asking to listen to Christmas songs and Maddie walked around to where all of the Santas used to be and pointed and said, "HO! HO!" We were able to spend time with both of our families which is busy, but a lot of fun! On Christmas Day is snowed over a foot and a half and the power was out for 4 1/2 hours! We finally decided to cook dinner, which consisted of canned soup and quesadillas, on their gas stove in the basement! What a Christmas feast!! It was very cold and snowy up there and Tag enjoyed sledding, playing in the snow, and riding the 4-wheeler. Maddie got another ear infection like last year, and she was somewhat tempermental at times. We were all very happy and surprised with all our gifts! We played a lot of games and ate a ton of good food! We were sad to leave everyone, but it is nice to be home and enjoying our beautiful St. George winter weather! I am not missing the snow one bit! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Here are some of our photos.

11 comments:

Christina P. said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. I am always so excited to put the decorations up, but then even more excited when the time comes to take them down. We need to all get together and do something!! I don't know if I have your correct email. Email me your email and I will resend you a blog invite. Thanks!!

Jason and Tawni said...

Those are darling pictures! What a Christmas Feast you guys had! That sucks about the power but it sure makes for a good story. I love the picture of Maddie eating the gingerbread house, you know that's exactly what all the adults want to do, they just can't.
I can't wait to come over and see your new bedding, call me and I'll come over one of these afternoons after Stella wakes up from her nap. Love ya!

Christina P. said...

Sorry I didn't leave you my email!! christina_palmer15@hotmail.com!

Donny and Colleen said...

Looks like we were blogging at the same time. We finally found time. We did have a great holiday with everybody. Enjoy your gorgeous weather!

The Wells Family said...

always a holiday treat to be with family. bobby would have taken any of those gifts in a heartbeat...including the kitchen. who says kitchens are just for girls? i am glad the holidays were good to you. enjoy your good weather!

Dion Seneca said...

Tag is going to love his new "cooter"! My boys are 9 and 6 and still can't get enough of them!

Looks like you had a great Christmas.

Ricki said...

Looks like fun! Tell Marion that I really am borrowing her for 3rd parents/grandparents! They totally spoil all of you!!! I am so glad Tag finally got his own "cooter", I bet he was soooo excited!!

raw mom said...

cute cute pictures!! i really cant believe how big maddie is...her hair is to die for! sorry i was so rushed yesterday when i saw you...i would have LOVED to talked with ya! it's been awhile!

Rachel Smith said...

Hey, I think I'm in your ward now!!Your ugly sweaters were great by the way!!!

PhillipsFamily said...

Don't feel bad about just posting Christmas, cause I just posted Thanksgiving. Mabey I will get aroung to Christmas in like March :). Book club was fun the other night, I am excited to read Confessions of a Shopaholic! TTYl JP

Celia said...

What great pics! I heard about the awesome Christmas dinner -- you guys had to rough it!

And I love your new header with the family pic -- so cute! I still can't get over Maddie's hair. I love it!