Monday, February 9, 2009

Little Miss Maddie is 2!

I can't believe that my baby girl is 2 today! She has turned into such a big girl, with a BIG attitude to go with it! Here are a few of Maddie's favorite things and funny quirks:

She has become quite independent recently and is obsessed with putting on her clothes, changing her clothes, and having an opinion about what she wants to wear. For me, this is the biggest nightmare ever! Often times the clothes she picks out totally don't match and on put on wrong! She is constantly emptying her drawers and putting on her favorite skirt and the other day she insisted on wearing it over her outfit while we ran some errands. She looked ridiculous, but it wasn't really worth the battle. She has a couple skirts that she is in love with and she always is finding them and putting them on over her clothes. She also is in LOVe with her swimsuit and wears it over her clothes and in the bathtub. She insists on putting her pants on by herself, she grabs them from me and says, "MINE!!" Tag was never this independent at this age and it is killing me!




She LOVES to get into my purse! If I don't have it up high, she will find it and rip the contents to shreds. She usually is looking for gum or lipstick. As you can see in this picture, she found and ruined my lipstick! She has eaten several things of chapstick and my friend's house too!

She is such a GIRL! She loves babies, purses, jewelry, shoes, and really anything girly! She loves to dress up and whenever she goes over to her friends' house, she always takes off her clothes and puts on some frilly dress. Isn't she so cute?

She is a snacker. She is always going to the pantry saying "nack". Even after she finished a meal, she just wants a baggie full of cereal or crackers to carry around with her. She doesn't one a couple crackers in her hand or a few pieces of cereal, NO, she wants the whole bloody box and package! It drives me insane! She is also in love with her sippy cup and wants to carry her "wa, wa" around with her at all times.
She loves to watch Elmo, Hi-5, and The Backyardigans. She loves to dance and sing too! Maddie really can shake all her little ghetto booty! She also can sit in your lap for hours while you read books to her.

Despite her attitude, we love this little girl to death! She makes us laugh and smile every day and she is still our little cuddler. Happy Birthday to our little girl... we LOVE you!

10 comments:

Dion Seneca said...

Love, love, LOVE the picture of her with her skirt on and no shirt!!! Independence is good...but it sure makes a lot of work for Mom! Trust me...I know all about independence!!

Happy birthday, Maddie!!

Christina P. said...

I have seen that girl shake her bootie at Jumpin Jax!! She doesn't mess around! She is such a cutie. It is crazy that she is already 2! I can't wait for Cohlee to do the whole princess dress thing!

bladenfamily said...

She is so cute. You're lucky to have a girly girl. How fun. Savanna loves 'nacks' as well! What a fun age.

Celia said...

Our girls sound very similar! Ruby is totally different than Henry too. Having her care about what she wears is killing me. Luckily I can still talk her into matching ensembles.

Ruby loves "ceweal in a baggie" too! She'd eat that all day if I'd let her! She also says "nack" -- hilarious. Her best crazy word combo is, "I wanna snoot nack," which of course is 'fruit snack.'

Aren't little girls adorable? One thing Ruby still doesn't have that Maddie does is all that beautiful curly hair!! Still jealous over here!

Ricki said...

I can't believe that first picture! It seems like so long ago that they were that size! She is adorable! Independence is good! At least you know she won't be clinging to your leg her whole life, like the 6 year old I currently have hooked to me all the time! I am cracking up about the skirt thing! I think I even saw you the other day when she had one of her skirts on over her clothes! Too funny!

The Karrens said...

Seriously such a cute little girl... but this is probably just the beginning for you! I have always told myself it was better to have kids with too much personality than too little, right?
roo

Rachel Smith said...

Ok, First of all ...how did you get the cutest blog bavkground I've ever seen???..and you look SOOO pretty in that picture on the top!
And second of all...Happy Birthday Maddie!

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

So fun, we were so happy to be able to see Maddie on her Birthday. She definalty is a little character. We love Maddie!

anne said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't believe it was 2 years ago when we were all in stamp club and you are Ricki had your little bellies. Wow...crazy. She's a cutie and I'm jealous of her cute curls. :)

Skinner Family said...

oh yay for maddi!!! happy birthday she is so cute. I bet she is little miss princess. we need to get the kids all together and play!!