Monday, February 2, 2009

Our BIG Boy!



The weather has been so nice here the last few days that we have been spending a lot of time outside. On Saturday I came home from running a few errands with Maddie, while Tag stayed at home to help Cam was the 4-wheeler, and when I got home they had something special to show me! Tag had learned to ride his bike without his training wheels!! He is still about an inch short for the bike and Cam has to help him get going, but once he is going, he can ride forever. We worked on turning, standing up, and other obstacles and I can't believe how great he did! He and Cam even went on a bike ride through our neighborhood and Cam rode his bike behind Tag. He struggles sometimes at getting off (since he is a little short) and sometimes he just falls, but every single time he fell down he would just say, "I'm okay!" and jump right back on the bike! He is so proud of himself and bragging about how good his balance is; it is so funny! Good job Mr. T! Now you just need to grow another inch and then you'll be able to totally do it on your own!

11 comments:

The Evans' said...

Oh that is so exciting! I remember when Dylan learned to ride without training wheels. Its a pretty big Day when that happens! I guess I need to get on the ball with Ella. Poor neglected child... When is our next girls night???

Unknown said...

Oh my!! I can't believe it! I guess it didn't think Tag was old enough to do that, but it's sounds like he's not afraid one bit. That's awesome! Good work T!!

Dion Seneca said...

He's not old enough to be riding a bike yet, is he! Way to go Tag!!

Ricki said...

Are you serious?!!! I have not even thought of trying to teach Kamren that one!!! We are the a little slow at this though, I am always terrified when one of my kids learns this new trick! They just seem to small to be making decisions about going into the street and crossing roads on bikes and stuff! Way to go, Tag! That is impressive!

Donny and Colleen said...

Atta boy Tag! I can just imagine how he is just loving that and thinking he's so cool. Look out when he can just get on by himself. You'll really have to keep an eye on him. I can't get over how grown up he is. He just makes me laugh at the things he talks about.(OH, I can't wait to see it for myself. March seems forever away)

Sarah said...

That's great! How fun for him. What a big accomplishment.

Katie said...

What a cute little guy! I vividly remember the achievement of learning to ride a bike. . . it's a BIG deal in a kids life!

Will you tell the Perry's to invite me to their blog? My email is katiestokes78@gmail.com

Heather and Trevor said...

That is a proud day! Go Tag! How exciting! :) I am glad that he was good about the fall cuz that seems to be the worst part for most kids.

I have that cute Picture of Madi and Emma from today that I will e-mail you. They were so stinkin cute sitting there together at the party! Hope you got all the kiddos home ok. That was so funny to see them all crammin in your car! :) LOL! Talk to you soon!

raw mom said...

aww!! that is so dang cute! what a BIG boy!!!

The Karrens said...

I can't believe this! Way to go, buddy! I showed this to Emmy because she has no interest in learning to ride her bike without training wheels, so I told her Tag was 4 years old just like her and literally her mouth dropped open. So maybe this will get her going... if the snow ever melts!
roo

Harmony said...

Can you come and teach my kid how to ride her bike? You must have some training skills that I am defiantly lacking.