Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Taggart!


On Monday Taggart had a very special Birthday and turned 5! I cannot believe that he is that old and I am sad at the same time. I just wish I could push pause and not let him get any older. A month or two ago Tag said to me, "Mom, Dad doesn't want me to go on a mission." And I realized that the reason he was saying this is because Cam had mentioned that he didn't want Tag to grow up and in Taggart's mind that meant not going on a mission! It was so cute, but I have to agree...No more growing up!
This was the first year that we had a friend party for him. He was very excited to have all of his buddies over (dudes, as he calls them!) He picked out his Army cake and we decided to have an ARMY themed birthday party. We painted the kids' faces, played Sergeant Says, did Army drills, and had a lot of crazy fun outside! There were 14 boys running around the backyard with their faces painted, waving weapons, and screaming..it was Hilarious!! We also had a Soldier pinata and the kids had a blast trying to hit it.



He got a lot of great presents and each little boy was so excited to give their present to him and do "Heavy, Heavy Hangover thy poor head..." He especially loved this gift from his Grandparents. Just look at that face!


Overall, I think our first birthday party was a success! Taggart had a great time with his friends and he said he had a great birthday! Thanks everyone for coming!

6 comments:

bladenfamily said...

Wow! I can't believe he is 5! Cute pictures.

The Wells Family said...

darling! what a fun little guy you have. i love his facial expressions. happy birthday to him. :) it is so hard seeing our babies grow up, but i laugh more than ever!

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda sad...have 5 yrs really gone by that fast? I still remember you guys in Providence coming over to meet the little guy. Why didn't anyone tell us watching your kids grow up would be so much FUN but kinda sad. We love you TAG and glad you had such a COOL B-day! xoxoxoxoxo
Miss you guys <3

Donny and Colleen said...

It's hard to believe Tag is 5 already! Where did our chubby cheek little boy go? You wonder how they could get any cuter and then they do!!! Cute pictures and great theme idea! Thanks for taking a picture of him opening our present and calling me too. I loved his reaction! That really meant alot to see the picture since we couldn't be there. Thanks for the advice in changing my font color. I hadn't thought about it and was proud of myself for remembering how.

The Key's said...

Happy Birthday to Tag!! How fun - I'm glad he had such a fun birthday :) I can't believe he's 5 haha. Oh and I love the picture of Cam in his Kiss costume. He sent one to Russ on his phone and I about died laughing when he showed it to me. Well we are HOME! We should get together while we are here!!

Heather and Trevor said...

Happy Birthday Tag! That party looked adorable! I think it turned out darling! :) Cant believe he is already 5! WoW!