Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy 6 months PARKS!


It is a good thing that Parker keeps getting older, it is pretty much the only thing that gets me to post lately. Not much has been going on around our house lately. Just the same old routine of school, dance, tumbling, carpooling, and trying to survive this cold Logan winter. We did go ice skating the other day, which was a very fun Winter activity. This was the kids first time ice skating and they did great! Taggart just kept wanting to go faster and he really went pretty fast with the walker that they have for the kids. Maddie did well too, but got tired pretty fast. It was a lot of fun because they let you take your stroller out on the ice, so I had the perfect thing for balance too! Here are a few pics:




I can't believe that Parker is 6 MONTHS OLD! That is half of a year! It is really crazy how quickly time has flown by and I am sad that my baby is growing up. Parks continues to be such a happy and content baby. He started eating solids and caught on quickly. The first time I fed him, I feel like he actually ate the food.


He weighs 18 lbs. (60% percentile) and is 26.5 inches tall (51% percentile). So he really isn't nearly as big as he has been in the past. I feel like he is slowing down a little bit, but he still has plenty of rolls for us to squeeze! Aren't those chubby feet the cutest?


He has been doing this hilarious thing with his tongue and sticking it out all time...it is soo cute!

He continues to be such a joy in our home and the kids just love when they can get him laughing while they do random things.

He is getting closer to sitting up and rolling over too.


He still thinks his hands are the coolest thing ever. It so fun to see him looking at them like he just discovered the coolest toy ever!


Maddie started Sunbeams a few weeks ago and is LOVING it. Every week while we are in Sacrament meeting she asks me several times when she gets to go to Sunbeams. She also moved up to the Fours class at Preschool and is really enjoying it. She is very good at cutting and is ALWAYS cutting up shapes that I draw for her. She is also getting really good at drawing things and it is good to see her learning new things.

5 comments:

Ricki said...

Oh my goodness! First of all, Parks is adorable! I am so sad I have only met him a couple times in his 6 months of life! Second of all, Maddie looks ginormous!!! What in the world happened?!! She looks so grown up! It is killing me!

bladenfamily said...

Is he really 6 months? I've only met him a few times too AND WE LIVE BY YOU!! What can we do about that?? Please call!
Very cute pics. Maddie looks 10.

Amy said...

So sweet! Time flies, doesn't it? That great big smile has "Mandy" written all over it! Love it!!

The Wells Family said...

awe!! i always love your updates! parks is ADORABLE! he has the most delicious face...those big cheeks and cute dimples! he is totally an "ayotte" baby. and you are right...his feet are to die for!!! i hope you are adjusting to a winter that is COLD!!!

Brooke and Tyler Todd said...

What a cute little tiger! I can't believe he is 6b months. He looks like a happy lil guy! We miss you guys a ton!