Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Caroles and My Maestro


So anyone who knows me knows how much I love Christmas music. I have quite the collection of Christmas CDs (thanks to my Dad) and I listen to them exclusively from Thanksgiving to New Years. I don't like to listen to anything but Christmas music during this time of year, it just doesn't feel right to me. Anyway, I have several CDs in my car and I love to jam to them when we are out and about. I especially love to sing all the songs- I know I am sure I look real cool singing at the top of my lungs while I am driving, but tis the season! A couple weeks ago I noticed that Taggart was singing along with me in the back seat. Even if he doesn't know the words, he is still singing. If I turn down the music to talk on my phone or something, he gets mad at me and says he wants me to turn it up. The last couple of days he has started to lead the music in the back of the car- both hands in the air, just like at church. He looks hilarious sitting in his car seat leading the music! We were at TJ Maxx today and they were playing Christmas music and Tag recognized a song that we listened to in the car. He was standing in the back of the cart and he started leading the music and talking about how he knew this song from Mom's car. And sweet little Maddie has started dancing the last couple weeks, so if I start to sing anything or if she hears music, she starts swinging her head back and forth. So I guess I am passing this Christmas music obsession onto my children. I don't think Cam is too happy about it. He is not that into the carols.. but I make him suffer! Is it just me or does everyone else love Christmas music as much as me?

8 comments:

The Wells Family said...

If I had a voice like yours I would belt it out for all to hear! Bobby just looks disgusted at me when I try to sing to him. I am still trying to understand why I am the ward chorister when I have no singing ability at all?!? Thank heavens my hubby sings! He grew up being sang to and singing so I am glad that he can share that with Bobby. I will work on pushing the piano...

The Ashcroft's said...

NO!! you are not the only one who loves Christmas music.... Macy has taken it upon herself to become the Christmas DJ in our home, only problem is she only likes the first 3 songs on one CD, she turns it on first thing in the morning and then all through the day she is starting it over and restarting again and dancing all around. I love it?!... It makes such great memories, and you know as well as I, music brings back the memories too, so years later we will smile when we hear these songs...

Ricki said...

Okay, you know I am not that into Christmas music- I AM trying though!!!! You need to put some off those songs on your blog!!! You need Christmas music on your blog!!! Anyways, I am expecting you and your "Chior leading" Son, to show up on my doorstep with a plate of your good chocolate chip cookies to carol to me!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Cam's got a choir boy. He's got to be thrilled about that!! So stinking cute, that kid is. Because I saw him leading the music at Isabella's blessing I know how cute it is in person and love that Maddy is dancing. Hate to say it, but those are the memories that will last, not the gifts they open. We love dancing in the kitchen each night as you saw on my Thanksgiving post of Jeff. Tag's wife will thank you that he is musically inclined. Have you seen August Rush? Maybe that's Tag in a few years. Little child prodegy. Really, so cute. Bring on the carols.

Oh and we can't do the 22nd. We have a family Christmas party at 5:00, but I guess we could do something at 8:00 that night in Salt Lake. Kevin and Steph are coming down for the 23rd so maybe they could just come earlier, but maybe they have to be to church. We actually have something from the 21st to the 31st. Happy Holidays I know, but we would love to see you guys even if we just meet for lunch or something. Let us know when you're in town and we'll work something out.

Anonymous said...

Oh Christmas music... I'll admit, I bring it out on the day after Halloween, and like you, I'll listen to nothing else until New Year's. My girls have totally caught on to this, and we have a full on choir at our house, or in our car.. Bradey actually loves the retro carols too, which is nice, but I'm sure we look kinda goofy wherever we go. I have a habit of listening to them loud, as in kinda tacky loud too! Oh I LOVE IT! I can totally remember your Dad in his basement blasting music that we used to detest, and now I probably own half of that stuff, sorry Donny for being mean about your music all of those years ago, I have evoloved and appreciate 'good music' now.

Jason and Tawni said...

Mandy!
Girl, I have missed seeing you. Apparently it has been awhile since we have talked because I was over on your street the other day and I saw a "for sale" sign in your front yard . . . Hello! I can't believe that you are even thinking about leaving us! JK Are you guys going to move into your new home in Washington Fields? Anyways, I love Christmas music too so I feel your joy. The minute that November 1st rolls around, the holiday music is on non-stop. Well, except for when Jason has to have a little fix and turns it off to listen to Country! I hope you guys are doing well!

Dion Seneca said...

My CD player in my car is broken, and I am SO missing the Christmas music! We are not singers in this house, but I am sure I would get quite a bit of booty shakin' if I turned on some holiday tunes.

Donny and Colleen said...

Taggart looks just like his Papi! To bad the primary is singing this week instead of the sunday before Christmas. I wonder what Tag would do if he saw Papi leading the primary? You know we are just as crazy about Christmas music as you are. But I like all of OUR christmas music as opposed to ALL the christmas music they play on FM 100 etc. I'm glad you are teaching your children to enjoy music too. I can't wait to see Maddie dance. I just think we need to get all of the kids together and dance (like Ellen let's dance) I can just see Tag-soft touch, Ada-bootie dance- and Maddie's head side to side Let's video it!