Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Weekend

We finally took the kids to see Santa this past Saturday. Taggart has been terrified of Santa the last couple of years, so we were interested to see what he would do this year. He had been talking about wanting to sit on Santa's lap and having Santa come to his house. Anyway, he walked right up to Santa and sat on his lap and told him he wanted 'Thomas Train" for Christmas. He didn't really look at him much (I think he was a little afraid.) Maddie loved Santa; she couldn't stop pulling on his beard. Then, later that night we went to our ward party and they sat on Santa's lap again. Tag can't stop talking about it and how he wants to see Santa again. Sunday night we celebrated 2nd Advent. We lit our two candles and opened our gift and read a story. Taggart is obesessed with blowing out the candles, so they didn't stay lit too long. He also opened another door and had a chocolate from the advent calendar that Grammy sent to him. He has a really hard time just eating one piece a day! The holidays are so much fun with kids!
Maddie is 10 months old now and she isn't quite crawling, but very close. She scoots around on her tummy and bum and manages to make her way around. I must have set her down too close to the Christmas tree because I walked in and she was playing with an ornament and hitting the tree. Hopefully she won't be crawling too quickly until Christmas is over and the tree is down. We had a fun and busy weekend! Merry Christmas everyone!

11 comments:

Brooke and Tyler Todd said...

I'm so glad you could get a cute picture of your kids with Santa. Eden is still at the I will look from a distance, but you're crazy if you think I am sitting on his lap. We did try to force it at the ward party, which did not turn out so well. I am going to have to copy some of your Christmas music. I need a good christmas playlist and it sounds like you are the go to girl for that!

Katie said...

Cute Santa picture. Definately a success to have 2 kids on Santa's lap and neither screaming!

Donny and Colleen said...

I'm so glad Tag isn't totally terrified of Santa this year. Such a cute picture and I've just had a visual of him looking straight ahead basically not giving Santa any and just saying what he needed to say and nothing more! Just thinking of the cute things Tag and Maddie do make me laugh and brighten my otherwise very ordinary day.

raw mom said...

ok... i'm lame...what's 2nd advent?

Ricki said...

Well, I apparently am lame also-I don't know what that means either! So explain to us lame ones please!

Anonymous said...

Love Christmas time and love that you're such a good mom and have already sat on Santa's lap. I've meant to take Kenlie, but haven't got there yet. I guess the biggest reason is because she changed her mind after we got Santa's gift, so I am using that as my crutch if she puts up a fuss. She's getting the Barbie's nd Barbie house, just not from Santa. This has been the first year she's actually got it, so I'm a little nervous. You're kids are darling and your house looks so cute as always for Christmas. Have you told Cam how lucky he is lately because his wife is smokin' hot. No really you look awesome. Motherhood has treated you well. When are we hooking up?

Anonymous said...

I just read my comment and promise I was not making a pass at you. I meant when will we see you guys for Christmas? Sorry I'm retarded.

The Ashcroft's said...

You guys are so on the ball!! I haven't mentally prepared for Santa quite yet, the lines in the malls around here are insane. I think Keaton will be the one that cries, I think Macy will know what it is all about. Cute tree(what I could see of it), you and Ali should post pictures of decor around your house. I feel like mine is old school, I would love to see your ideas!!

The Wells Family said...

Tag made it! What an accomplishment! What a great picture of you and your kids! I agree with Jacque...you need to post some Christmas decor to give us some tips! :) Since everyone else is asking...what is 2nd Advent?

Allison said...

Ohhh, how Currier and Ives of you!! We are headed to see the man in red this weekend, so we will see how it goes, this will be second time this season, so we are sorta tight with the old guy.. You all look so cute and cozy in your PJs by the tree. Wish that I could see it all in person... Post more pics....post more pics...post more pics... I'm so happy that you guys are having a happy holiday season.

The McCulloughs said...

fyi- Advnet is a German tradition, and Cam's mom is German so they always celebrate it. The 1,2,3rd advent are the 3 Sundays before Christmas and the 4th is on Christmas eve. You read a story, light 1,2,3, or 4 candles, and open a gift. We have fun celebrating advent at our home.. Thanks to the Richters!!