Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Great and Dreadful Day and Surprise!




So I have been dreading it for a few months now.. I turned 30 yesterday. I don't really know why I was dreading it since Cam is already 30, but I just realized I that I am not getting any younger! My mom always told me that when you turned 30 your butt dropped! So I woke up Friday morning and no it hasn't dropped yet... thank heavens! Cam surprised me this year by taking me out to dinner at PF Changs and then we went to the Nutcracker Ballet. It was so nice to have an entire night to ourselves and thanks so much to my in-laws for watching my crazy kids! Maddie is cutting her two top teeth and lets just say I am glad I wasn't the one watching her that night! I love the Nutcracker and Cam was a sport to sit and enjoy it with me. Then the next day we went to lunch with some friends and later that night Cam threw me a surprise party. I had no clue at all and we walked in the house and my friends and family yelled SURPRISE! We had a fun dinner and cake (Holy Smoke! Look at all those candles! I did blow them all out.) Thanks to everyone for making my thirtieth a memorable birthday and turning it into such fun since I wasn't really looking forward to it! But, you know what they say- 30 is the new 20, right?

10 comments:

Ricki said...

Are you kidding me?!!! You look great for 30! I bet you even look better than you did when you were 20!!! What are you worried about anyways, ALL of us(except Teresa) are older than you anyways! So anytime you think "I am old", you can use me as your "older than you" friend! Happy Birthday, anyways. When are we having the "St. George" party! I need a night out!!!

raw mom said...

happy 30th! until this year i used to be so excited to turn 30...i figured people would give me a bit more respect and wouldn't look at me like a freak 17 year old with 12 kids. so here i am ...27, and i'm tellin' ya...30 looks scary...forget the respect crap...just give me my butt back...and there are some funny lines on my face...yeah... not so cute. but happy b day to you! maybe i'll look as good as you do in 3 years...my fingers are crossed!

Unknown said...

That is so funny about what mom used to say! I also believed that it happened overnight. That is awesome! Hope you had a fun surprise! I'm so glad we actually pulled it off.

Jason and Tawni said...

Ok so I can only hope that I look like you when I turn 30 in 5 more longgggggg years (just kidding!) But seriously you look great and it seems like you enjoyed your birthday! I love the picture of the smoke from the candles! Happy Birthday Mand!

Joel and Kristie said...

HAPPPPYYY BIIRRRTTHHDDAYYY!!! Sorry it's a little late!!! On you 30 does look 20!!!!

Katie said...

Happy birthday Mandy! I didn't realize you were so much older than me. . . I still have 8 blissful months before the big, scary 3-0!!

Dion Seneca said...

Well, we're not getting any younger, so we might as well embrace it, right! I say the older you get the more you should celebrate. You look awesome! And I am up for the "St. George" party, too!

Callisters said...

Everyone is right you do look great at 30! I remember when I was little I always thought people who were 30 were really old, but now that I am nearing that I realize I didn't know what I was thinking! I just hope my butt doesn't drop!

Allison said...

OOOHHHH I am the bad friend that still hasn't sent the B-day card!! Am I behind on my life or what???? I'm so glad that you were pampered and surprised on your big day. Yes, you look fabulous for 30! I'm afraid that my butt has already dropped :( We will embrace 30, and do it up right as soon as we can get together! Lots of Love my 30 year old friend!

Ricki said...

CAM BETTER OF GOTTEN SOME LOVIN ON THIS NIGHT.... A FREAKIN BALLET....GAG, NO WAY, NO HOW, NEVER EVER, RICKI COULD BEG AND PLEASE ALL SHE WANTED AND THERES NO WAY I WOULD TAKE HER TO THE BALLET, ( UNLESS THERES WAS SOME LOVIN ON THE LINE) HE MUST REALLLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU. ( AND HE BETTER HAVE GOTTEN SOME LOVIN FOR IT)