Thursday, August 7, 2008

New Friends and Frogs




A few weeks ago we got new neighbors who live right next door to us and they have five kids. Taggart thinks that he has died and gone to heaven now that he has someone to play with at all hours of the day. He wakes up early every morning begging to go to the 'boy's house'! They spend most of the day going from our house to theirs and having a ball doing it! Here are a few pics of some of them. Wesley just loves Maddie too and I found him holding her on the couch the other day. He often tries to pick her up when she is crying and it is just too cute. They love to play with our other new friends... the FROGS! Around the same time as we got new neighbors, Cam brought home five frogs that he caught while playing tennis one night. I figured we would just let the kids play with them for a couple days and then let them go, but boy was I wrong! Cam came home the next day with a terrarium complete with rocks, moss, bark, and a watering hole for the frog's new home. I wasn't so sure about taking this leap of taking care of pets, but he informed me that Tag was old enough and 'needed' a pet.... whatever!! Cam is responsible for purchasing the crickets and taking care of them; I already have enough to take care of, let alone 5 frogs. Needless to say, the kids love the frogs and I have to admit that I have always loved frogs and I don't mind touching them (except when they pee on me, which they do frequently when I get them out of their cage!) One day when Wesley and Tag were playing with the frogs, they lost one, so now we are down to four. Anyway, we are just happy to have some great new neighbors and some really cute frogs! Here are a few pics of the little guys!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, so that little neighbor boy holding Maddie is SO adorable! I love it! Tag looks so darn happy! And the frogs...that is so hilarious that Cam thinks Tag needs a pet, and that he went to the store and got everything all set up. I'm sure that Tag thinks he has the coolest dad ever! And, of course, the coolest mom ever for letting him have frogs and occasionally even handling the crickets! You are awesome! So you've now had lizards, grasshoppers, and frogs, what's next? What happens when he wants a rat, or even worse, a cat? You'll be in trouble then.

Anonymous said...

Tag looks so darn cute holding that frog! Love it. Yay for neighbors/playmates. It will probably make your life so much easier, unless they trash your house...right? I'm kind of back on the blogging scene again, kind of. I seriously haven't checked in on you forever, and I miss you! Next weekend it will be fun. Remind me to tell you about the killer dream I had last night about you and Cam. It was choice.

The Wells Family said...

Hmmmm....is this what I have to look forward to with boys? I am not sure I can deal with pets...any kind. Period! What fun parents you are!

Lake Powell looked like a dream. I am glad that you always keep busy with fun trips to make you smile. Your kiddos are still cuter that cute!

Jason and Tawni said...

Cam is lucky that you are so easy going about the frogs. I don't mind frogs at all, but it's just one more thing to take care of. Hopefully Cam is a responsible pet owner and takes care of all the frog related duties. I love the pictures of the new neighbor kids, Tag must think that is the greatest thing ever!!!

The Karrens said...

Frogs I could handle, but Logan has asked me about a snake and I have to draw the line there. But how cute is Tag with those frogs? I'm sure they are his best friends! And neighbor kids totally rock!

Veronica said...

what fun little pets!

Melissa said...

Awesome... FROGS....it could be worse, Jayson is talking about getting the kids a dog. I am not a good pet person. I can barely take care of the kids let alone animals. So, it looks like you have been having a fun summer. That is fun your kids have some new friends....it releaves some stress off of mom and finding fun activites for the kiddos.

Dion Seneca said...

At least you got Cam to take care of buying the crickets...that is the worst of it. We have yet to come see those guys. Although, my kids are not very brave about handling any type of living creature. They like them to look at, but they don't want to touch them at all.

Cute neighbors, too! I bet they are so happy to have found friends so quickly in their new house, too.

KMC said...

Oh boy! What a time Waylon and Taggart had at Bear Lake. I am SOOOOO glad he was able to come and play. They were so good together. We need to get together; I'm sorry you weren't able to come up to the reunion. We missed you!!!

Donny and Colleen said...

You have been getting some awesome pictures of Tag with huge smiles. I can't believe how bleached out his hair is. Does he talk about Pris anymore or is it just the frogs? He would have loved the turtles we saw at the pond in Santa Barbara. Maybe you could get a turtle too. I think they are so cute. Go Mandy for having pets!! Did you ever find the 5th one?