Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tag's First Day of Preschool


Today was Taggart's first day of Preschool. The other day when he saw all the kids going to school, he cried and said he wanted to go to 'cool' as he calls it. Last night he said to me, "I can't want to go to cool, I'm nervous." I just kept wondering if he even knew what nervous meant. This morning he was excited and a little scared. He wasn't too excited for us to leave him alone, but he did great after we left. He wanted to stand this way in the picture so we could see his T-Rex backpack. I wanted to tell him that he wasn't getting frisked, I just needed a picture!!

He was so excited to see me when I picked him up and told me all about preschool and I pretty much didn't understand what he was trying to tell me since he was so excited!! Here he is showing me his papers from school. He insisted on wearing his shirt that his friend (our neighbor) Wesley gave to him yesterday. He wore it yesterday afternoon also and it was a little dirty! So much for new school clothes!!!

He was excited to see his 'Sis' too. Here he is giving her a hug, although it may be a headlock... I'm not sure! I am so excited to have him in Preschool and to be able to just have some time alone with Maddie. Good Job Mr. T on your first day of Preschool; you're such a big boy!!

14 comments:

Dion Seneca said...

Ummm...could Taggart have some police force in his future?! It looks like he'd have no trouble restraining anyone or patting them down!

Scarlett is way excited to be in the same class as Taggart!

Donny and Colleen said...

Just love the pictures! I can't believe he is going to preschool. No turning back now. I just thought of something. I'll just be ending sending kids to school and you will be starting with him going to kindergarten next year. Crazy thought! He really looks so grown up! I'm glad his nerves calmed down so he could have a fun first day. Don't you love how they have a mind of there own (like wanting to wear that shirt). Remember Kim's pigtails in her kindergarten picture? And McKelle's shirt with the hat. I really could go on forever. Anyhoo see ya Saturday!

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!! I love it, you will have to post more on his adventures in "Cool".

Jason and Tawni said...

Ha Ha Ha I am lovin the "Backpack" (aka Criminal) Photo. Tag is such a big boy and I'm having a hard time believing that he is already in Preschool. Oh, and Maddie is 18 months? I still remember coming by your house right after she was born. It feels like yesterday. Looks like you guys had some good old WT fun at the Fair too!

Ricki said...

You better watch out for those favorite t-shirts! I have heard many stories about little boys and wearing the same t-shirt for days because they love it so much! He looks so grown up! Too bad it isn't over luch time for both of us, so that we could start doing lunch a couple days a week! I a few years we will be able to!

The Ashcroft's said...

It is such a mixture of sad because they are growing up, but NICE that you get a break for a few hours. BTW, is he going to Kindergarten next year? (I read your mom's commment) And I tagged you, the book one. I hope you have some good recommendations for us all....

The McCulloughs said...

Jacque, My mom was confused- he is not going to kindergarten next year. We still have a couple years! He will go the same time as Macy.

The Wells Family said...

Congrats on Tag's first day of "cool". What a little man! Enjoy your girl time with Maddie. :)

Anonymous said...

Look at you, miss 3 posts in a row!! Wow, I am impressed. You are on fire! I heart preschool so so much. The kiddos love it, but their mommies love the kiddos more after that nice 3 hour break! Tag looks like a heartbreaker, even though he may or may not be wearing a clean shirt! I am sure that we will have many battles over outfit selection coming up in the next few weeks. I have just spent a small fortune on the cutest darn school clothes that I could find, and I have a sinking feeling that our first day back will be in some, gasp, touristy t-shirt from the grandparents! What do ya do?

Heather and Trevor said...

Hey cute girl! It was so nice to have you in class today! We had a good time huh!?! You rocked! I found your blog through the Perry's.I thought you might have one and checked on hers, sure enough here you are! :) I am a total blog freak and glad that you have one too. Ours is Private but I would love to add you. Send me your blog email at
igolfgirl@gmail.com
and we can be blog buddies. :) See ya next class! :)

The Karrens said...

Oh, this little man makes me laugh so much! Preschool rocks and I'm glad that he loves it so much. And who wouldn't love school if it was called "cool"?
Roo

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

I love hearing the things Taggart says. I could seriously picture his face saying it all! So fun and exciting.......

Katie said...

That's such a big step! You'll love the time with Maddie and he'll love having something independent that's just his! Such cute kids Mandy!

Skinner Family said...

Your kids are so adorable. TAG is in school. Holy crap. And your lake powell trip sounded awesome. Glad you had so much fun. I am jealous. take care