Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My CRAZY Kids!

Recently my mother-in-law stayed with us for a few days. At then end of the 2nd day she looked at me (exhausted) and said, "Is this how it is everyday?" I proceeded to say, in fact, YES! Our lives are pretty crazy and often times I found myself wondering how people have 10 kids. I always call my mom and ask her how she did it with five, but she doesn't seem to remember. I suppose you just do it and somehow you get through it. I guess it is because Tag is going through this phase of getting into EVERYTHING: the fridge, freezer, cupboards, dishwasher, toilet, cd's, our drawers, the lysol air freshener, baby wipes..... the list goes on. He is really driving me crazy. If he can't reach it, he will pull a chair over to it and climb up. Or like today I found him climbing onto the kitchen chair which had his little patio chair on top of it- all to reach something that I had put on top of the fridge (so he wouldn't get it, of course!). I am surprised I didn't find him with his head cracked open. Lately I am finding him squeezing the tube of toothpaste into his mouth (Hopefully this helps to fight some cavities!) and I also caught rubbing Cam's deoderant onto his arms. He smelled super manly all day long! I came home from running errands and noticed that the freezer had been open the whole time I had been gone. Tag's bike was propping the door open, so I knew it was him! I know they call it the terrible two's, but I just can't keep him under control! Good thing little miss Maddie is a pretty good baby, or I would be officially insane! She is usually happy, unless it has been 2 hours and then she is ready for a nap. I know that I should be happy that she is such a sleeper, but it is just hard to get anything done when she wants to nap in her crib!! One more thing, she is a serious spitter. I am doing more laudry now then I ever thought was possible. Yesterday I changed my shirt 3 times, not to mention how many times a day I change her clothes! We just live smelling like spit up all the time! I am not writing this to complain, but just so that when my kids are driving me crazy when they are teenagers (oooh I am sooo scared for this!) I will remember what it was like when they were sweet babies! I love my kids even though they drive me CRAZY at times!! I wouldn't trade it for anything.

9 comments:

Ricki said...

Okay, well you just had me laughing pretty hard!!! Who cares about the ebay lady, you are just as funny!!!! I can totally see him doing all of these things DAILY!!! My advice is to put him in a room, let him lock himself in, and then go read a book-he can't do THAT much damage in his own room, can he?!!!! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Mandy, Mandy, Mandy... where do I start? Should I tell you that none of this is going to change? That things will only get crazier? That Tag will only figure out more ways to get into things? But he will learn to be much sneakier and you won't even know what he's gotten into?

Nope, I probably shouldn't tell you all this, but I did and you are doing great and soon it will be something else crazy happening. Love it! I'm just glad I'm not the only one with life like this!

Robin

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
I'm enjoying reading your blog and laugh because almost everything you say about Tag reminds me of Luke. I have often found the freezer door open........they truly are into everything. Annabelle also spits like crazy, I know what you mean about laundry.
Take care,
Jeni

Unknown said...

Oh,the things I have to look forward to!!You are a great mom, Mand, and atleast you inherited some of Mom's amazing patience to help you through, huh? I love the deoderant fiasco! That cracks me up! He does want to be just like his dad.

Adrienne said...

Lol! I, too, read Ebay lady and while she was funny, I am just as entertained by you! Tag, that little "ratbag!" lol!
Seriously, there is not another experience in life that you can compare motherhood to--there is nothing as bittersweet, nothing that you can simultaneously love and hate at the exact same moment, and nothing that tests you but teaches you more than you ever thought possible!!

The Ashcroft's said...

Is the climbing something I should look forward to with a boy? Yikes... I hear you on the laundry, it seems like Keaton is always leaking from one end or the other, and somehow it ends up on me too, yuck! Oh, I love being a mother!!! Love hearing about your craziness!!!

Allison said...

OOOOOHHHHH Mandy as I write this I am looking around at my own house, which I might add was spic and span lastnight, it looks as though a freakin nuclear bomb went off and it is only like 11 in the am. My girls are into clothes, and dress ups, so the closets are always being torn apart, and they manage to get EVERYTHING they try on dirty, so I can never get the laundry pile down to a semi-manageable size. Oh, and have I even mentioned make-up yet??? I never in my wildest dreams imagined what a couple of kids can do to your house, car, yard, love life, need I go on? Just know that you are not alone in this craaaazy life, and we will probably be missing these days when our little darlings are teenagers coming home at 4 in the morning sporting a new tatoo, or (gasp!) something worse!! Good Luck

Ali
PS. Advice, Poison Control on your speed dial!! ahhhhh we are on their frequent caller list.

JeriAnn said...

AMEN! Little boys are maniacs. I say it enough that Gibson even calls himself that. He's getting really used to time-outs as well after all of the trouble he gets into. Tonight I got after him for getting in the fridge and he said "okay mom, I'm going to take a time out in my closet!" Jayson & I couldn't stop laughing.

So I'm so excited for Anthropologie. I even get 40%off! I think I'm even more excited to get out of the house.
I'm sure they would take you if you guys would like to move to Seattle. You would love it here!

The Wells Family said...

Yikes! Bobby has already been doing this since he could walk! I am afraid for the "twos" to arrive. I think I am "quick", but there are so many things that I have "discovered" and feel like a terrible mom. :) My nephew is the same age as Tag and last weekend my parents discovered that he tried to stuff a large container of metholatume (spelling?) down the toilet. Needless to say, my dad was grumbling for an hour as he was taking apart the toilet.

Cheers to boys! Can't live with em' and can't live without em'!