Saturday, August 18, 2007

Third Times a Charm

So today as I was on the computer looking at blogs, of course, I noticed Tag was playing with the lock on the door. I told him to not touch it or he would lock himself in the room. I then had to go change Maddie's diaper and I came back and noticed the door was shut, and yup, sure enough, LOCKED! I then hear Tag kinda crying saying "out!" I tried to tell him to turn the lock (this is soooo hard to explain to a two year old with a door in between you!) He just kept crying on and off. I was really upset because I told him 2 seconds before he did it, NOT to touch the lock, and also because this is the third time that he has locked himself in a room. The first time he did it in Maddie's room. I was very panicked and called Cam at work (he was golfing..) He said to just try to rip the handle off. So with my super human strength I wiggled the handle off enough to unlock the lock. The second time Cam was here and able to use some of his special tools to get him out. But by the third time, I just wanted to leave him in there! So while he was in there today, I couldn't get ahold of Cam (Yes, golfing again!!! Not fair huh?) so I didn't know what to do. I just took the time to pick up the house, fold laundry, until Cam called me back about 15-20 minutes later. He told me where this special screwdriver was on his workbench and I was able to unlock the door. So I guess next time won't really be a problem since I know how to unlock it myself!! I guess the third times the charm!

4 comments:

The Ashcroft's said...

Ahhh, kids are the best. It's good to hear other peoples two year old issues, never a dull moment.... Love it! Jacque

Ricki said...

Where is that little screwdriver thing I gave you?!!! I would still have kids locked in their bedrooms(oooh, not a bad idea), if it weren't for that dang tool!!!

Callisters said...

Mandy, lucky you found the right tool becuase it will keep happening! Nothing better then a non listening child. Just wait until they are almost five-they are non listening and mouthy. I am glad to hear that my husband is not the only guy out there that always has to go golfing. I just got smart and told him that he has to go early enough on Saturdays that by the time the kids get up and notice he should be home he is done golfing!!!! I wish I had a hobby that took me away for a couple of hours, oh but that is right you just worry about what is going on with the kids and if the house is still going to be put togheter! Have a good day
Courtney Callister

Anonymous said...

Gosh, your blog is always so dang cute, and now music. You are good. It is so fun to hear about your kids. They are so cute. It helps me to know what is to come with two year olds.